Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse engineer broken since latest patch ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse engineer broken since latest patch ?

Zhiroc
05.11.2012 , 11:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FrancoisTogruta View Post
EDIT: finally got that one RE'd, only took about 25 tries. So much for a 20% chance tho ]
While it might seem rare, a simulator I wrote in python says that you will find an item taking 25 or more rolls to RE about 0.37% of the time, or roughly 1 out of 270 items attempted. In fact, out of a million dice rolls (and close to 200,000 successes), I had one take 51 rolls. And yes, this is with a nominal 20% chance of success.

After running the million-roll simulation many times (about 10), there's always at least one over 50, and about a third of the time, at least one over 60.

FYI, it appears that the 90th percentile is about 10.5 or so, so in general, out of every 10 schematics you attempt to get, one will take more than 10. And about one in 45 will take 20 or more.

BTW, since 1.2 released, my overall success rate has been 21.7% (33 successes out of 152 trials)

hooty
06.25.2012 , 01:45 PM | #22
Only some items are "bugged". I'm still seeing way too many "20%" items take 20, 25, 30 or more attempts. Most of the analysis I've seen seems to assume a high level overlying bug. That doesn't make sense. What does make sense is that some # of individual items got missed and are still set to their old %.

I see no other reasonable explanation. Looking only at "20%" items; How else would you get a large # of cases of success within 10 tries (as expected) with the # of occurrences of each # of tries tapering off as it increases. But then a bump up again when you get to 20 tries? It's about 1/100 that something with a 20% chance of success will take 20 tries. It's not bad luck. Some (possibly) small but significant # of items did not get updated properly.
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.

WaldoA
06.25.2012 , 02:09 PM | #23
To be honest, at times I feel like the 20% is as high as it goes for any stack you have, for example a stack of 10 will still be 20% chance to get schematic instead of 100% (I know it's not 100% it's just a very high chance of getting one by 10 reverses)

Couple of weeks ago I think I reversed maybe 27 or so lvl 32 willpower stims and didn't get a single schematic.

criminalheretic
06.25.2012 , 02:42 PM | #24
I think we can just all agree the current system is frustrating. I would actually rather eat the extra mats just to know how many I had to RE, even if they increased it.

For the things that are allegedly 20%, just make it so you have to RE 10. 10%, you have to RE 20. Sure there are times when I get it on my 2nd try, but I would gladly trade those to avoid the frustration of the times when I get one on my 43rd try.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger