Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 22nd, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 22nd, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ancaglon
06.25.2012 , 10:17 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I read it to mean they are going to look at (1) diversifying the type of damage bosses do, with at least some of them doing more weapon damage as opposed to force/tech damage, and/or (2) Allowing tanks to shield force/tech damage.

Option 1 would seem an easier potential fix as it would only affect PvE. If you allow force/tech damage to be mitigated by shields, you would need to seriously re-balance every classes damage for PvP purposes, as the fact that force/tech damage can't be shielded is an important aspect of balance between the classes and their potential damage output.
Option 2 would ALSO validate all the PVP tank gear that has tonnes of defensive stats that are only somewhat useful vs. weapon attacks. Giving direct Force/Tech damage a chance to be mitigated (with a lower mitigation amount -- maybe half the effect compared to white attacks, or whatever is deemed suitable -- would answer the "problem" that pretty much all tanks in PVP wear the DPS gear) -- and hence the perceived overperforming, by actually making PVP tank gear worth using in PVP as a tank.

His reply also validated what I'm going to be doing tomorrow, which is to stack Endurance/Power augs in every slot of my PVE set that hasn't got an aug in already -- at the very least, I won't be QUITE so easy to 2-shot, AND it increases the healing I get via my nerfed TKThrow (now 8%) and Battle Readiness (10%). My DPS is further screwed, but the rest of the raid will have to make that up with their own augs.

AllisonBerryman
06.25.2012 , 11:34 AM | #42 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
So why have a Q&A session with question and answers we've already asked and already know the answers to?
We may revisit a question or even repeat an answer on occasion because it can be easy for many players to miss the answer, or because we want to remind everyone that it's something we're aware of/working on/thinking about. Sometimes it helps for us to repeat information - even if there's nothing new to say, we want to at least remind people we're working on things so they don't think we've forgotten.

As HeavensAgent mentioned earlier, the Q&A is not generally the venue we'll use to answer the most frequent questions. Our goal with it is to answer mechanical questions where we can, give some insight into the development process, and occasionally recognize requests and feedback. We will continue to answer the bigger questions by posting standalone blogs and news articles to address big topics - such as our series of blogs about 1.3 and our information about character transfer.

So - if you have a question about how something works, why certain decisions were made, or other concrete and detailed questions, the Q&A is the perfect place for them! For questions about topics like transfers or upcoming updates, we'll continue to provide as much information as we can through other blogs, news articles, press releases, launcher promos, and other high-visibility methods!

Jaavik
06.25.2012 , 11:43 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We may revisit a question or even repeat an answer on occasion because it can be easy for many players to miss the answer, or because we want to remind everyone that it's something we're aware of/working on/thinking about. Sometimes it helps for us to repeat information - even if there's nothing new to say, we want to at least remind people we're working on things so they don't think we've forgotten.

As HeavensAgent mentioned earlier, the Q&A is not generally the venue we'll use to answer the most frequent questions. Our goal with it is to answer mechanical questions where we can, give some insight into the development process, and occasionally recognize requests and feedback. We will continue to answer the bigger questions by posting standalone blogs and news articles to address big topics - such as our series of blogs about 1.3 and our information about character transfer.

So - if you have a question about how something works, why certain decisions were made, or other concrete and detailed questions, the Q&A is the perfect place for them! For questions about topics like transfers or upcoming updates, we'll continue to provide as much information as we can through other blogs, news articles, press releases, launcher promos, and other high-visibility methods!
Hey Allison, I have an idea, how about some kind of "stickied" FAQ so people can easily review questions which have already been answered. Then if someone asks again, we can reference them to the post.
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

Amecha
06.26.2012 , 09:03 AM | #44
Im just wondering this is my first time asking but Is there anyway that We can change the classes ability to carry heavier armor, I mean if we can synthweave armor up to heavy, yet we can't use it, are the developers in the process of creating maybe some kind of craft bonus to make things like armor or better weapons that couldn't be used before, available for the crafter after he has mastered the crafting ability, i noticed the difference in the armor i can wear and the armor that i can only make and i think it would be awesome to be able to do it if you have the crafting ability mastered as a bonus?

JeramieCrowe
06.27.2012 , 12:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

Hey Allison, I have an idea, how about some kind of "stickied" FAQ so people can easily review questions which have already been answered. Then if someone asks again, we can reference them to the post.
That, or when someone asks a question in the thread for the next week, allow us to link them to the answer that's already been given without our posts being moderated.

I'm not saying there's anything conspiratorial going on, of course, but you certainly don't need to be adding to that image...
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Parali
06.27.2012 , 12:48 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
Greetings,

You will be happy to know that we do indeed have a place our players may go to see what questions have been answered in past Community Q&As. Check out our Community Q&A Archive for a list of topics and links to the answers.

We hope this helps!

JeramieCrowe
06.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Parali View Post
Greetings,

You will be happy to know that we do indeed have a place our players may go to see what questions have been answered in past Community Q&As. Check out our Community Q&A Archive for a list of topics and links to the answers.

We hope this helps!

Again, allowing us (the community) to link within the Community Q&A questions thread to answers that have already been given would go a long way toward not only avoiding the waste of space for repeats, but would also foster the community that BioWare says they wish to engender.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight