Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Broken (or incorrect % chance of success) Reverse Engineering?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Broken (or incorrect % chance of success) Reverse Engineering?

Termorn
06.24.2012 , 09:50 PM | #31
Reverse engineering is not broken! Is FEATURE!
<=============>|=====|<=============>
IMPERIAL DOMINANCE
<=============>|=====|<=============>

MaliksKid
06.24.2012 , 10:50 PM | #32
It's tough to say. From personal experience how you run your crew skills can affect chance greatly. If you run say 5 gathering missions log off, wait til they all complete then log back in there seems to be a higher crit chance (possibly due to a delayed dice roll) than just staying logged in to run them. Similarily if I craft items I tend to find that sending all 5 companions out together give more crits than sending 1 comp to make 5 items.

Oh and BTW, if you already know the scheme it picks another one from the pool.

Ms_Sunlight
06.25.2012 , 06:00 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by redzonewarrior View Post
Kaliyo is meant to be efficient with armstech, so it would indicate that bioware intended this to be a complimentary crewskill even as far as recommended. But seriously, I should be able to combine all 10 and merget them into 1 augmented rifle. But in its current form, it must simply be broken.
When you get a few more companions you'll see that by far and away the best crew skill for an IA is Biochem. Which is annoying, as I ground Cybertech to over 300 on mine before I realised. Oh well, I was going to roll another agent eventually anyway.

As for unlucky streaks, you know that someone wins the lottery each week, right? No matter how high the odds, if enough people are rolling...

Bigronx
06.25.2012 , 09:25 AM | #34
My experience with RE is that its fine.

Yes there are some streaks with 20+ to get a certain shematic....but there are countless times of getting it on first shot and multiple first shots in a row.

I have all rank 22 enhancements purple as well as some various rank 24,26 and such.About 20 different purple level 48 generators,shields,focuses.

Tons of color crystals as well as tons of lower level enhancements,offhands,crystals ect.

So with over 100+ purple recipes for me its easy to judge it since the beginning and to me....its fine