Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtorchecklist.com - Keep track of the datacrons you collect

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
swtorchecklist.com - Keep track of the datacrons you collect

Ootred
06.22.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1
I have created a website to help keep track of the datacrons collected with my characters. I made this site as part of an ongoing process to learn php/mysql. I tried to make some nifty features that I hope you will enjoy.

The site is located at: swtorchecklist.com

Fezzie
06.22.2012 , 01:25 PM | #2
Nice Job!

I decided last Tuesday to finish up my datacrons and wrote everything out by had. This would have been much easier!
Looking for a fun, mature, active guild?? Join The Enclave! Recruiting now on Shadowlands server.
The Enclave
Whisper Fezzie for Info!

Ootred
06.22.2012 , 03:51 PM | #3
Thank you, Fezzie. Keep the site in mind for your next character

isimsiz
06.24.2012 , 11:55 PM | #4
Why do I get the feeling that this is a hack site?
Why should we give our password for something like this?

Can anyone confirm it's reliable?
Quid pro quo

eGraced
06.25.2012 , 12:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by isimsiz View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the login is there so the site knows who you are. It is not asking for your SW:ToR credentials, just that you create a user to use the site.
A witty saying proves nothing.
Voltaire

Ootred
06.27.2012 , 12:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by isimsiz View Post

I am sorry that I have taken so long to get back to this. This is NOT a hack site. I made this site because I hate keeping track of that piece of paper I wrote down my datacrons on. This site is legit.

You have to sign up (with any username/password - you do NOT have to use the same as your swtor account - ) to keep track of your character's datacrons. I do not have access to your passwords. They are hashed, mashed, re-hashed, then hashed again.

Personally, I have 6 characters. There is a table for each one (after you signup and add your characters). So whether you have 1 character or 12, you can see each one individually. I also created a page you can see them all at once, called a Quicklist. If you did not create an account, I do not know how else to keep everyone separate...

I worked very hard to make this site secure and user friendly. I am not a hacker, just a php developer that thought this would be a useful tool. It is safe. I am not even allowed to have banner ads in accordance with the Fan Site agreement.

I am sorry that you thought this might be a hack site. What would make you feel more comfortable that it is NOT? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Ootred
06.27.2012 , 04:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by eGraced View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the login is there so the site knows who you are. It is not asking for your SW:ToR credentials, just that you create a user to use the site.
Thank you, eGraced. You are exactly right.

MrMajestic
06.30.2012 , 03:12 AM | #8
Great idea. Thanks for the site!