Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ratha jade Skywalker

Wolfninjajedi
06.24.2012 , 07:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Well, humans can live up to 150 years or even more in Star Wars, so Luke and Leia (and maybe even Han) could theoretically still be alive in 130+ ABY.
Well ya, but its not like they would be doing anything big if they are old people. But isn't Luke dead though?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 07:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well ya, but its not like they would be doing anything big if they are old people. Maybe Luke though, just being that there have been very old jedi masters who have kicked ***.
Except that Cade had a meeting with his great granddad's Force Ghost, so that right there implies Luke got killed.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Wolfninjajedi
06.24.2012 , 07:17 PM | #23
Except that Cade had a meeting with his great granddad's Force Ghost, so that right there implies Luke got killed.
Ya edited my post, though it doesn't say how he died though. Luke could have just passed away peacefully or some such nonsense by something. Vague deaths for all 3 characters, would be the best bet to go about them. Because no one is going to like the deaths, if they are described in detail. I mean look at Chewie, took a moon to kill him yet people don't like that he was killed.

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 07:25 PM | #24
Ya edited my post, though it doesn't say how he died though. Luke could have just passed away peacefully or some such nonsense by something. Vague deaths for all 3 characters, would be the best bet to go about them. Because no one is going to like the deaths, if they are described in detail. I mean look at Chewie, took a moon to kill him yet people don't like that he was killed.
I know what you mean about Chewie. Salvatore did a great job sending the ol' Wook out in the ultimate blaze of glory.

It all depends on how George worded the orders, though. If he said "Luke, Leia, and Han can't die", then that's that. If he said "Luke, Leia, and Han can't be killed", then MAYBE they can loophole it to make them die of natural causes.
. OPOD

Wolfninjajedi
06.24.2012 , 07:28 PM | #25
I know what you mean about Chewie. Salvatore did a great job sending the ol' Wook out in the ultimate blaze of glory.

It all depends on how George worded the orders, though. If he said "Luke, Leia, and Han can't die", then that's that. If he said "Luke, Leia, and Han can't be killed", then MAYBE they can loophole it to make them die of natural causes.
Pretty sure it was the latter, because it would be kinda weird for them to go through time and reaching like 900+ years old and still be around whooping Empire/Sith ***.

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 07:35 PM | #26
Pretty sure it was the latter, because it would be kinda weird for them to go through time and reaching like 900+ years old and still be around whooping Empire/Sith ***.
But even then, George might say one thing and mean something else. We don't know for sure, though. I think the only thing saving Legacy is that it's so far in the future from the current main storylines in the Expanded Universe. They have time to play with, and hoping George relents or dies without stipulating their continued survival in his will. lol

Remember, there are those who take everything George says literally as Canon, *cough*no bras in space*cough*. If he gets notified that they somehow died because of a loophole, and he didn't approve it, he is going to go thermonuclear on the offending author(s).
. OPOD

Wolfninjajedi
06.24.2012 , 07:42 PM | #27
But even then, George might say one thing and mean something else. We don't know for sure, though. I think the only thing saving Legacy is that it's so far in the future from the current main storylines in the Expanded Universe. They have time to play with, and hoping George relents or dies without stipulating their continued survival in his will. lol

Remember, there are those who take everything George says literally as Canon, *cough*no bras in space*cough*. If he gets notified that they somehow died because of a loophole, and he didn't approve it, he is going to go thermonuclear on the offending author(s).
Pretty sure he'd be ok with natural causes with dying of time. I mean characters can't live forever, they gotta die sometime....unless of course your a DC character. Marvel was ok, they killed off a majority of their characters.

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 11:07 PM | #28
Pretty sure he'd be ok with natural causes with dying of time. I mean characters can't live forever, they gotta die sometime....unless of course your a DC character. Marvel was ok, they killed off a majority of their characters.
Marvel is even worse than DC, though. As far as killing off characters that then come back to life. Even Magik came back after dying of the Legacy virus.

Not to mention Marvel snatching the "multiverse" concept from DC, now. And pretty much every character that Stan Lee didn't create is a carbon copy clone of a character in DC, only with minor differences. lol
. OPOD

Liquidacid
06.25.2012 , 12:37 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
Really? I thought the entire team made the choice.
they did... in fact they even advertised and hinted that there was going to be the death of another major character i the series before the first book was released.... the timeline of events was agreed upon and approved by LL before any of the writers even started ... that's not saying it wasn't Travis's suggestion originally that it be Mara but everyone involved knew it was going to be her before they even started... Travis, like the other writers in the series have no authority but to write what LL approves of... it's not like Travis just said "**** you guys and wrote whatever she wanted" Lucas Lisencing doesn't work like that
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

masterleonidas
07.09.2012 , 09:27 PM | #30
Marvel is even worse than DC, though. As far as killing off characters that then come back to life. Even Magik came back after dying of the Legacy virus.

Not to mention Marvel snatching the "multiverse" concept from DC, now. And pretty much every character that Stan Lee didn't create is a carbon copy clone of a character in DC, only with minor differences. lol
a lot of those characters dc ripped pff of marvel, and marvel is clearly better. if they had a marvel vs dc thing, marvel would win hands down. And don't go tryin to say "but superman can only be killed with krytonite!!!" cuz marvle has people that could go to krypton, get some kryptonite, and be back to kill superman before dinner. Besides, stark probably can just make some suit that gives off the same amount and type of raidation, so marvel wins, hands down