Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ratha jade Skywalker

RevanKnight
06.24.2012 , 07:29 AM | #11
There should have been more Skywalker kids. **** u traviss and all who worked on LotF for killing off Mara Jade.

Yes, Allana is Jacen's daughter. Tenel Ka is her mom.

Tuscad
06.24.2012 , 11:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
There should have been more Skywalker kids. **** u traviss and all who worked on LotF for killing off Mara Jade.

Yes, Allana is Jacen's daughter. Tenel Ka is her mom.
I agree that there should have been more skywalker kids.
Also shame on you who worked on Fate of the Jedi for
Spoiler
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 03:09 PM | #13
There should have been more Skywalker kids. **** u traviss for killing off Mara Jade.
Had to fix that. It was Traviss alone that did it. NO other member of the writing team wanted her dead. They just had to deal with the fallout.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

RevanKnight
06.24.2012 , 06:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Had to fix that. It was Traviss alone that did it. NO other member of the writing team wanted her dead. They just had to deal with the fallout.
Really? I thought the entire team made the choice.

Tuscad
06.24.2012 , 06:10 PM | #15
Me too. If she wasn't being a part of the team then they should of fired her, Legacy of the Force was supposed to be a team effort.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 06:12 PM | #16
Nope. They were just unable to talk her out of it. She was literally dead set and hellbent on killing Mara Jade. Hell, when she got it approved, Tim Zahn had to scratch the Mara Jade novel he was working on. She somehow convinced the higher-ups that killing off arguably the most (or second most, since Boba Fett novels nearly always sell the most copies) popular character in the Expanded Universe was a good idea. Now, she was THE most popular character NOT created by George Lucas.
. OPOD

Stncold
06.24.2012 , 06:39 PM | #17
Personally wasn't opposed to killing off Mara. Not enough notable deaths keeps things stale and unexciting. There needs to be some sense of danger and fear that somebody might actually die.

With the big three still immune on the big guys orders, and Jaina and Ben being safe for the time being due to having descendants in Legacy, it's gonna go back to that. They need to shake it up again by killing Lando or Wedge or somebody.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 06:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
Personally wasn't opposed to killing off Mara. Not enough notable deaths keeps things stale and unexciting. There needs to be some sense of danger and fear that somebody might actually die.

With the big three still immune on the big guys orders, and Jaina and Ben being safe for the time being due to having descendants in Legacy, it's gonna go back to that. They need to shake it up again by killing Lando or Wedge or somebody.
And that's one reason why Legacy is in danger of being retconned. Because sooner or later, they're going to have to kill off Luke, Leia, and Han for it to take place. I get the feeling that they're waiting for George to either relent on his standing orders, or pass away and pray his will doesn't stipulate their continued survival. Ben and Jaina having descendants in Legacy doesn't mean they're safe, either. If word comes down from On High and Legacy gets retconned, they'll probably be on the casualty list within a year or two after it happens.

Oh, and if they kill Lando or Wedge, they had better go out in a blaze of glory instead of the lame way Traviss killed Mara.
. OPOD

Wolfninjajedi
06.24.2012 , 07:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
And that's one reason why Legacy is in danger of being retconned. Because sooner or later, they're going to have to kill off Luke, Leia, and Han for it to take place. I get the feeling that they're waiting for George to either relent on his standing orders, or pass away and pray his will doesn't stipulate their continued survival. Ben and Jaina having descendants in Legacy doesn't mean they're safe, either. If word comes down from On High and Legacy gets retconned, they'll probably be on the casualty list within a year or two after it happens.

Oh, and if they kill Lando or Wedge, they had better go out in a blaze of glory instead of the lame way Traviss killed Mara.
Ain't Luke, Han and Leia already dead though? Haven't they gone into the far future with Legacy? Though should note, Lucas said that they couldn't be killed he didn't state that they couldn't die. Killed and dying are two different things.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Captain_Zone
06.24.2012 , 07:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ain't Luke, Han and Leia already dead though? Haven't they gone into the far future with Legacy? Though should note, Lucas said that they couldn't be killed he didn't state that they couldn't die. Killed and dying are two different things.
Well, humans can live up to 150 years or even more in Star Wars, so Luke and Leia (and maybe even Han) could theoretically still be alive in 130+ ABY.
. OPOD