Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spam scams (Email)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bordak
06.23.2012 , 08:58 AM | #1
Is there an official address to forward scam emails concerning SWTOR for investigation or anything of the sort? Was just curious. I just got my first scam email and considering the amount of people who fall for these (it actually asks for my password and ALL secret answers), figured there may be a place to send it.

Excelsior!
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Beesodd
06.23.2012 , 09:02 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
HI Bordak,

First off, thank you for you diligence, and this definitely sounds like a scam mail. If you wish to forward a mail for investigation, please send it to support@swtor.com

As ever, for anybody who receives a suspicious mail, please do not click on any links contained therein, and please remember that we will never ask for your password in a mail.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

amaresch
06.23.2012 , 09:32 AM | #3
Not everyone reads the forums diligently and this particular forum is big and volatile- meaning this issue will be lost in the shuffle quickly. My suggestion is this: everyone has to log-in to play= Put this warning on the login splash screen. Unfortunately, a legitimate looking website calms peoples' suspicions when it comes to providing sensitive information, that's why these malicious actors still broadcast the spam. This fact that Bioware does not ask for the info needs to be out there- Big and Bold!

It'll annoy those who know better, of course. But keep in mind, this game is the first game for a lot of folks out there.