Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashes to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lycandresden
06.23.2012 , 08:49 AM | #1
so far today everytime I try log into the game it crashes to desktop within the space of 2minutes and its happened everytime I try login 10 times and counting, WHATS GOING ON?

EDIT : just happened a few more times and to think I reccently resubbed to this game, very much regretting that decision, 6months in and its still just as bad as launch day pathetic
Those who use the darkside are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the sith

Beesodd
06.23.2012 , 08:56 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Lycandresden,

At what point does the game crash? Do you get to the character select screen or does it crash before you get there? Have you tried a system restart(in case something didn't start correctly on boot)?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lycandresden
06.23.2012 , 08:59 AM | #3
tried system restart, tried loading up the game in admin mode, tried repairing the game, I get as far as the loading screen, once or twice I was able to get into the game and the crash would happen within 2 or 3 minutes without fail I reccently resubbed a week ago and I've been having very minor and far between crashes like these up till today when its completely preventing me from playing I am only saying this because I enjoy playing the game the story is amazing but sadly I will be moving onto guild wars 2
Those who use the darkside are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the sith

Beesodd
06.23.2012 , 09:07 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the further information.

Please take the steps included on this page, especially the one pertaining to keeping all your software and drivers up to date.

If the issue still persists after taking these steps, please post up a copy of your DXDiag.

Also, do you experience any issues before the game crashes, or does it just shut down? Are there any error messages? Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lycandresden
06.23.2012 , 09:08 AM | #5
no errors at all, the game freezes for a few seconds then closes on its own