Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphical Glitches (load screens, lighting)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Graphical Glitches (load screens, lighting)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evan-War-Hound
06.23.2012 , 04:25 AM | #1
Hello,

After logging in and playing for a short time I consistently see graphical glitches that usually start as load screens displaying nonsense followed by lighting glitches such as (usually) too bright and no ambiance and occasionally all dark. Sometimes the bugged load screens have no further effect. PvP cut sceens are also affected but i think this is a separate issue(lag?). The lighting issue for instance makes pale faces almost white with little detail, like there missing textures.

This has been happening for some months though i only just returned after a break.

My Drivers are up to date though i might go and try the new Nvidia beta one after i write this(and update if it fixes anything which i doubt). I run MSI afterburner and MSI on screen server(just for the frame limiter) in the background always... Temp for my top card(the hot one) are in normal range (hot but less then i run other games at) 70-80deg.

Specs:

CPU - i5 2500K
GPU - 2x Asus GTX560ti (SLI)
RAM- 16GB Corsair
SSD- 128G Crucial
PSU- 850w Corsair
Windows 7

If anyone can help point me to a fix it would be appreciated. Can supply more info if needed.
TY!
- Evan -
"Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the b**ch that bore him is in heat again."

Bronholz
06.23.2012 , 04:42 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Evan,

Please could you try running the Repair function from the launcher, just to make sure this is not part of the issue. To do this please login to the launcher and then click on the cog icon.

You could also try rolling your drivers back, but as you state this issue has been going on for some time, this may not be particularly effective, but it is worth trying.

This does though sound like an issue with your card itself, so I would advise contacting the manufacturer to see if they can provide you with further assistance.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Evan-War-Hound
06.23.2012 , 05:06 AM | #3
Hey,

I ran the repair function and it said "scan and repair completed successfully". I also updated to the latest beta Nvidia driver.

As these issues occur randomly I'll let you know how it goes after i play some more.

On a side note would you recommend this tweak i found on the forums?:

Quote:
"Right click on the SWTOR icon on your desktop or in Start Menu program files, select Properties. In the window that appears select the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility Mode check Run this program in compatibility mode for: From the box below select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and then click OK
(This setting is very important when your video card has under 1GB of dedicated VRAM.)

---Technical Details---
Currently the engine/game is turning off the GPU RAM virtualization features of Vista and Windows 7 which is a major feature of the WDM/WDDM technology. This technology allows Windows to manage GPU RAM, by prioritizing textures and assets as needed without saturating the video card’s onboard RAM."
Thanks.
- Evan -
"Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the b**ch that bore him is in heat again."

Bronholz
06.23.2012 , 06:53 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again Evan,

Running in compatibility mode is an approved workaround and may be helpful in your case, so I would definitely advise trying it.

I would still like to stress though that this does sound like an issue with your card. For this reason I would continue to advise you to contact the manufacturer.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support