Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future of PVP

Acolytus
12.18.2011 , 07:50 PM | #1
Imagine this... A new player just finishes his/her starter world quests and arrives at his/her fraction's space station for the first time. He/She meets his advanced class trainer and makes his/her choice. He/She then goes to a quest giving vender and receives a quest to go to a war zone...

He/She queues into the war zone excited to try out SWTOR PVP... He/She leaves the safe zone... and...

POW Fully PVP geared Level 50 Juggernaut Leaps at him, CC, Force Choke, AOE, Slow, CC, Pew Pew.

DEAD.

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope. He/She ain't going back for another 40 levels.

Yeah. Really. Is this the kind of "non-ganking" pvp that you designed us to have BW?
CE VIP
THE JEDI COMMANDOS
Master of Strategy

Jurary
12.18.2011 , 07:54 PM | #2
Sounds better than WoW pvp.
"I'm a Marauder, thus I will destroy you"

BoredOfMMOS
12.18.2011 , 07:58 PM | #3
its called skill try it out
getting roflstomped is part of learning
i will miss you Swtor
But your not my mmo home.

LordTyraxus
12.18.2011 , 07:58 PM | #4
Surely a "Master of Strategy" can work out a solution?

Hush carebear.

Obbu
12.18.2011 , 07:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Acolytus View Post
Imagine this... A new player just finishes his/her starter world quests and arrives at his/her fraction's space station for the first time. He/She meets his advanced class trainer and makes his/her choice. He/She then goes to a quest giving vender and receives a quest to go to a war zone...

He/She queues into the war zone excited to try out SWTOR PVP... He/She leaves the safe zone... and...

POW Fully PVP geared Level 50 Juggernaut Leaps at him, CC, Force Choke, AOE, Slow, CC, Pew Pew.

DEAD.

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope. He/She ain't going back for another 40 levels.

Yeah. Really. Is this the kind of "non-ganking" pvp that you designed us to have BW?
If a person runs off alone and tries to be a hero - the bolster system will not help them.

If the person played with their team as they are supposed to, the level difference wouldnt mean much, unless the matchmaking system stuffed up and matched 8 lvl 10s against 8 50s.

Thats pretty rare though.

Stop trying to solo lvl 50s as a lvl 10 and you'll be fine

SwigMcJigger
12.18.2011 , 08:08 PM | #6
Is this a joke thread? I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. If you suck that bad at pvp then you should probably do one of two things. Either stop making bad posts like this or remove your signature claiming to be a master at anything other than keyboard turning.
I Hutball so hard Garadda wants to fine me.

Enzlow
12.18.2011 , 08:10 PM | #7
cry more lol. At least you had inflated stats. BTW I vote to have more world pvp while questing thats the only thing i would like to change so far.
<MVP> Guild Master
Warrior of the Shadow
Thugenz - 50 - Assassin
Enzz - 50 - Sniper

Hidden
12.18.2011 , 08:16 PM | #8
When I see skilled level 15s topping leaderboards in medals and damage, I seriously doubt the levels are as bad as you make out, even with 40s running around.

Of course, anyone who gets stomped first game and quits PvP until 50, aren't PvP'ers. True PvP'ers understand it takes time to master.

It can happen, it's what's called skill, and experience.

One day, you may understand.

TH
The Dragoon King
www.forever-dragoons.com
Scepter of Ragnos

Tomb-Stone
12.18.2011 , 08:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
When I see skilled level 15s topping leaderboards in medals and damage, I seriously doubt the levels are as bad as you make out, even with 40s running around.

Of course, anyone who gets stomped first game and quits PvP until 50, aren't PvP'ers. True PvP'ers understand it takes time to master.

It can happen, it's what's called skill, and experience.

One day, you may understand.
Well said.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

RJChief
12.18.2011 , 08:27 PM | #10
There really should also be something said about levels and gear. The fact that you do get your stats boosted should make you more then happy..... Imagine that scenario in reverse.

You are a lvl 50 Jugg -- You've just rocked house in Taral V a couple times (and wherever else lvl 50's go), decked out in all sorts of disgusting gear. You Q for a warzone, get in and leap into action against a lvl 15 noob that hasn't even reached Couresant yet. And what do ya know, that little lvl 15 kills you.. Hmmm

"The Jedi Commandos" just lost respect in my book... Hope you don't play on my server
Back off... And let me do my Job.
Badcompany
Dark Reaper