Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 22nd, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 22nd, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
06.22.2012 , 10:16 PM | #11
The only decent information out of this Q&A was that extra character slots are coming "soon", which we already had been told.

Obviously the hard hitting questions and too sensitive for the dev's to tackle.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
06.22.2012 , 11:08 PM | #12
Quote:
too many tank defenses only work against weapon damage.
Glad you were finally able to come out and say it. So what are you going to do about it?

Also, you addressed Shadow tanks but not Guardian tanks, which means either

1. No one asked
2. You have absolutely no explanation for the damage nerf to three of our best skills

(hint for the reader: it isn't number 1)

JeramieCrowe's Avatar


JeramieCrowe
06.22.2012 , 11:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Glad you were finally able to come out and say it. So what are you going to do about it?

Also, you addressed Shadow tanks but not Guardian tanks, which means either

1. No one asked
2. You have absolutely no explanation for the damage nerf to three of our best skills

(hint for the reader: it isn't number 1)
(hint for the poster: it's more than you're giving mind to)
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

HeavensAgent's Avatar


HeavensAgent
06.23.2012 , 12:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
The only decent information out of this Q&A was that extra character slots are coming "soon", which we already had been told.

Obviously the hard hitting questions and too sensitive for the dev's to tackle.
They've gone on record explaining that's not what the Friday Q&A is for. As such the fault is yours for expecting "hard hitting questions" to be answered in a venue not intended for that purpose.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
06.23.2012 , 12:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
They've gone on record explaining that's not what the Friday Q&A is for. As such the fault is yours for expecting "hard hitting questions" to be answered in a venue not intended for that purpose.
So why have a Q&A session with question and answers we've already asked and already know the answers to?

Oh that's right, to pander to those who can't find existing information the same way intelligent people do.

lexiekaboom's Avatar


lexiekaboom
06.23.2012 , 12:43 AM | #16
So ... the clarify the answer on shadows ...

You're basically saying shadows are too powerful because the have too much shield / avoidance, so you need to nerf that.

Then you say shield and avoidance is useless because it doesn't work on raid bosses.

So ... are you fixing raid bosses? Because ... holy crap I'm just speechless about this answer. You're basically saying "yes, we know they are useless EVEN NOW because of how raids work, but we are going to make them more useless anyway."

I can't WAIT until I'm no longer paying you any money. My 6 month sub was such a mistake.

lexiekaboom's Avatar


lexiekaboom
06.23.2012 , 12:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Michaelphoenix View Post
man i know some shadows that are gonna flip out when they read this......


.....nothing worse than a nutkick followed by working as intended LOL

glad i rolled a vanguard tank
It's not even working as intended. He is flat out saying it is NOT working as intended, and without question migitragion tanks are far more useful on raids. He flat out is telling the community that on the current raids DO NOT USE SHADOW TANK because bosses do all force / tech damage (something we have known for months).

And then he says 1) no, we are not going to change that. We are going to let them contiune doing all force and tech damage and

2) we are going to nurf you anyway, so you suck even more, and we have no concerns at all about this.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
06.23.2012 , 12:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
It's not even working as intended. He is flat out saying it is NOT working as intended, and without question migitragion tanks are far more useful on raids. He flat out is telling the community that on the current raids DO NOT USE SHADOW TANK because bosses do all force / tech damage (something we have known for months).

And then he says 1) no, we are not going to change that. We are going to let them contiune doing all force and tech damage and

2) we are going to nurf you anyway, so you suck even more, and we have no concerns at all about this.
I don't know what you read, but that is not what he said at all. This is what he said in regards to potentially changing the way bosses do damage and the way that damage is avoided/mitigated:
"Not all channels of survivability can be balanced for every boss encounter, which is why tank survivability is measured against a norm, and why we're going to be pushing harder to hit that norm in the future - either through tweaks in boss damage or tweaks to the way shields work."

He clearly said it is a known problem that they are going to be working on.

Ignicity's Avatar


Ignicity
06.23.2012 , 12:52 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I don't know what you read, but that is not what he said at all. This is what he said in regards to potentially changing the way bosses do damage and the way that damage is avoided/mitigated:
"Not all channels of survivability can be balanced for every boss encounter, which is why tank survivability is measured against a norm, and why we're going to be pushing harder to hit that norm in the future - either through tweaks in boss damage or tweaks to the way shields work."

He clearly said it is a known problem that they are going to be working on.
You know "tweaks" is code for "nerfs", right?

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
06.23.2012 , 12:56 AM | #20
This is the line that boggled me, regarding how they design armor sets:
Quote:
Those sets are named and distributed along similar content channels, with the goal of giving players gear that makes them naturally look cool as they progress instead of making you look like a clown
Have you seen the higher level consular sets? They make male characters look exactly like a clown, or a drag queen. Sorcerer gear isn't much better, but at least the lower level stuff actually looks like something a Sith might wear. If your goal is to not make characters look like clowns, you have utterly and completely failed.