Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
06.22.2012 , 12:54 PM | #221
No, no XD Rochester's dad is human and they rarely, if ever, interact as they hate each other. I'm planning on writing out the incident they are alluding to; it involved Master Ashari (Miraluka) and youngling (also Miraluka), the capturing of a ship and all it's crew and a mother's wrath.

I do want to write more on them - the dynamic of a confused Jedi turned confused Sith interacting with an Imperial Officer who's been brought up steeped in Sith culture and philosophies is an interesting one. Throw a little lust in there, for good measure.

Earthmama
06.22.2012 , 01:17 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
I really like Rochester and Broan even though I don't know much about them (yet *hintmorepleasehint*). The only part that was confusing was the line where Broan says "Your mother and I" for a second I thought Broan was Rochester's dad, which given the rest of the story was um disturbing/confusing. Otherwise I likey
Add me to the list of people who wants to see more of these two!!

Striges
06.22.2012 , 04:44 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Striges that was very sweet. I can imagine that Kirya might want to talk about it more, but your Corso seems like the kind of guy would go 'No, you explained enough. If you want to shoot the guy though..."
The follow-on to this is the monster I started for "Culture Shock". Haven't worked on much for a couple weeks though.

Eanelinea
06.22.2012 , 05:52 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
I wasn't going to write a Confession short, but Eanelinea got me thinking and something shook lose and this is what tumbled out. Its very rough, I'm sorry. I don't think I like it, but it's how i see things going so it's part of the story now.

Characters are Adris Westan, my male sniper
Brei'yu Kodrevas my female operative
Kaliyo (whom i need to start giving bigger parts to)
Vector

Spoiler
Yes! YES YES YES!!! Go get your girl, Vector! (My agent's Vector took his sweet *** time, but then again, my agent flirted with him so hard, he'd have to be blind and deaf to not notice. Oh, oh! I HOPE he gets her and that it's hot and heavy! Knowing your girl agent, it could be! =D And I'm honored I inspired you. ^_^ More now please! *bounces*
55 Marauder, 55 Sniper, 55 Merc, 55 Shadow (d), 55 Jugg (d), 55 Jugg (t), 55 Operative x 2, 55 Gunslinger, 55 Scoundrel, 55 Guardian (d), 55 Sin (d), 55 Powertech, 55 Commando, 55 Sorc, 55 Sage, 55 Sentinel, 55 Vanguard, 50 Shadow (t), 43 Gunslinger (male), 30 Sin (t), 12 Guardian (t) on Shadowlands

Eanelinea
06.22.2012 , 05:54 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
make it so!
vector deserves all the luffins <3
He sure does! Damn. Now I need to get inspired to write fem!agent/Vector fic. Just need the right plot bunny to hump my forehead.
55 Marauder, 55 Sniper, 55 Merc, 55 Shadow (d), 55 Jugg (d), 55 Jugg (t), 55 Operative x 2, 55 Gunslinger, 55 Scoundrel, 55 Guardian (d), 55 Sin (d), 55 Powertech, 55 Commando, 55 Sorc, 55 Sage, 55 Sentinel, 55 Vanguard, 50 Shadow (t), 43 Gunslinger (male), 30 Sin (t), 12 Guardian (t) on Shadowlands

Eanelinea
06.22.2012 , 05:55 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Even more pointless, unreadable drivel. Hurray!

Confessions:
Spoiler
This is very intriguing. I need more.

Eanelinea
06.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Confessions, Submssion 2

Title: An Awkward Reunion

Characters: Kirya, Twi’lek Gunslinger, Rixik, Twi’lek Mercenary. And Corso, of course.

Very minor smuggler story spoilers, chapters one and two, as follows:
Spoiler
No bounty hunter spoilers.

Fair warning, this came out pretty long, especially for this thread.

Spoiler
Man. I loved your smuggler. I loved your Corso. I even loved your Bounty Hunter. A Twi'lek? Awesome. This was heartbreaking. I know it wasn't meant to be, but it was to me anyway. I need more. I need to find out what happens next! Awesome!

elliotcat
06.22.2012 , 06:09 PM | #228
New prompt yay! I hope this is a good one; I've been feeling uncreative since I accidentally deleted a fic I was working on.

6/22/12 - Rites of Passage
Sort of related to the cultural theme, there are tons of different rites of passage our characters go through. Some are common across cultures, like weddings. Some are specific to a culture, like coming-of-age ceremonies. And sometimes they are just an internal realization that your life has changed. Feel free to take this in any direction you would like.

...Can you tell I have an anthropology degree?

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Eanelinea
06.22.2012 , 06:30 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
New prompt yay! I hope this is a good one; I've been feeling uncreative since I accidentally deleted a fic I was working on.

6/22/12 - Rites of Passage
Sort of related to the cultural theme, there are tons of different rites of passage our characters go through. Some are common across cultures, like weddings. Some are specific to a culture, like coming-of-age ceremonies. And sometimes they are just an internal realization that your life has changed. Feel free to take this in any direction you would like.

...Can you tell I have an anthropology degree?
Oo. This one's a toughy. I'll have to sit and think. I'm a literal person, so I just KNOW I'll think about wondering what rites they can go through. Psst...next one be about romance. *nods hard* =D

elliotcat
06.22.2012 , 06:41 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
Oo. This one's a toughy. I'll have to sit and think. I'm a literal person, so I just KNOW I'll think about wondering what rites they can go through. Psst...next one be about romance. *nods hard* =D
"Rites of passage" includes weddings, birth of a child, etc...so there's tons of romance potential.

I was going to just go with weddings but decided to make it more general.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"