Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible to master both the light side and dark side at the same time?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is it possible to master both the light side and dark side at the same time?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ProfessorWalsh
06.22.2012 , 12:45 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Silimaa View Post
We brought peace where and when we could. But we did not interact with the greater galaxy. Travel times were too long and hyperlanes too unstable. And we had peace. War too, but not among ourselves. Not until the true Great Schism happened. When Dark and Light became polarized in the minds of our people and they came to believe that you must dedicate yourself to one or the other. Then was our Order ended; then did the eternal war begin.

(Yes, I'm writing from the perspective of a member of the Je'daii. They weren't weak. They actually knew more about the Force than both orders ever discovered...)
Out of Universe confirmed c-canon the Jedi, not the Je'daii, Order is the most correct. That means the Je'daii didn't know as much as the Jedi do.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Captain_Zone
06.22.2012 , 02:18 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
Out of Universe confirmed c-canon the Jedi, not the Je'daii, Order is the most correct. That means the Je'daii didn't know as much as the Jedi do.
You must have first-hand knowledge of the Holocron, then! Wow!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

ProfessorWalsh
06.22.2012 , 02:24 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
You must have first-hand knowledge of the Holocron, then! Wow!
Don't need first hand knowledge of the Holocron.

In the book "Power of the Jedi" it has a whole section where it discusses other Force Using traditions. It explains about the Potentium Heresy and then states from a non-universe perspective that the Jedi have the most correct understanding of the Force.

Since, as the other poster asserts, the Je'daii had a fundamentally different view of the Force (which included things like Light Side corruption... Which we know doesn't exist by the way) then they by default had to have a less correct interpretation than the Jedi do.

Any view that clashes with the Jedi view on any kind of fundamental level in turn has to be less correct which is why all theories that eventually boil down to, "The Jedi Order is completely wrong!!!!!" are always irrefutably incorrect canonically.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."

Captain_Zone
06.22.2012 , 02:25 PM | #144
Don't need first hand knowledge of the Holocron.

In the book "Power of the Jedi" it has a whole section where it discusses other Force Using traditions. It explains about the Potentium Heresy and then states from a non-universe perspective that the Jedi have the most correct understanding of the Force.

Since, as the other poster asserts, the Je'daii had a fundamentally different view of the Force (which included things like Light Side corruption... Which we know doesn't exist by the way) then they by default had to have a less correct interpretation than the Jedi do.
So, was "Power of the Jedi" a work of fiction or a non-fiction book about the Force traditions in Star Wars? Not sure, since I haven't read that one.

EDIT: Oh, and as soon as the blogs are back up and working on starwars.com, I'll have that link for you.
. OPOD

ProfessorWalsh
06.22.2012 , 02:26 PM | #145
So, was "Power of the Jedi" a work of fiction or a non-fiction book about the Force traditions in Star Wars? Not sure, since I haven't read that one.
Non-fiction sourcebook and GM resource guide.

ProfessorWalsh
06.22.2012 , 02:28 PM | #146
You can find "Power of the Jedi" on Amazon though it is pricey these days.

Linky

Captain_Zone
06.22.2012 , 02:30 PM | #147
Non-fiction sourcebook and GM resource guide.
Ok. Yeah, btw... don't ever say that I'm putting forward facts about a theory, when a theory is completely different than a fact. They're seperate entities, and you know it. Now, don't ever call me a liar when I never said it was fact. And don't ever call me a liar because I found something before you did.
. OPOD

ProfessorWalsh
06.22.2012 , 02:53 PM | #148
And don't ever call me a liar because I found something before you did.
You have not shown any proof to support your claim that according to Leland Chee the EU doesn't have to conform to Lucas' vision. Until that time I postulate that you are either lying or you are misremembering a fact. We know that the EU has to follow and conform to the vision of Lucas in any and all cases.

JoBerry
06.22.2012 , 03:10 PM | #149 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Sidenote: I have my own theory about "Tython's True Dark Sons". I think Rajivari didn't spoke about his followers there, but about what one of his apprentice names "allies from behind the mountains".
Just as a note: the "true dark sons of Tython" is not intended to refer to Master Rajivari's followers and apprentices.

Deuzsama
06.22.2012 , 04:48 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That would be like attempting to keep calm and rational, filled with Zen whilst simultaneously being angry, hateful and full of rage, it isn't possible to use both, it does not work that way, regardless of power, they'd cancel each other out.
Only while wielding Saidin!