Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will a fix ever happen?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Will a fix ever happen?

Ameepa's Avatar


Ameepa
06.20.2012 , 11:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Curmedy View Post
I respect your opinion, however BioWare hasn't done anything revolutionary with their class system here. This has been duplicated almost identically in Aion Online, and other games are very similar in that aspect as well. Having that in mind, those games all have one thing in common; each class can be competitive in PvP. The Sage class in swtor however can't hold it's own in a competitive PvP situation, it's practically a fact at this point.

So even though I am saying the dps Sage should get a boost, can you really argue a point against it? And please don't say, "Oh well Sages can hold their own in PvP." or, "Well they were meant to be a support class and a complimentary class." because no class in any game is suppose to not be able to fend for itself and solely support. That's just poor game design, simple as that. And as far as people saying the Sage can hold it's own in PvP, you are either not a lvl 50 Sage or not playing on a competitive server. Those people who say they pull huge damage each match, not being noticed and taking pot shots with aoe attacks may help your overall score and get you medals but it's not helping your team.
You just proved my point. I'm automatically wrong or not lvl 50 or otherwise clueless if I don't agree with you.
And that is exactly why these threads won't get many constructive replies. It's useless to answer anything but "I agree" -posts.

Curmedy's Avatar


Curmedy
06.21.2012 , 02:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ameepa View Post
You just proved my point. I'm automatically wrong or not lvl 50 or otherwise clueless if I don't agree with you.
And that is exactly why these threads won't get many constructive replies. It's useless to answer anything but "I agree" -posts.
You must have not read my response at all or are illiterate. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I said, and you didn't even answer what I asked so i'm guessing you didn't even fully read what I said. Please don't troll.

Ask competitive guilds how they feel about Sages in WZs. They'll probably say they are descent healers. When you correct them and say you meant dps Sages they'll probably send you a snarky remark such as, "lol Oh." and stop messaging you.

Bolanos's Avatar


Bolanos
06.22.2012 , 07:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Curmedy View Post
Ask competitive guilds how they feel about Sages in WZs. They'll probably say they are descent healers. When you correct them and say you meant dps Sages they'll probably send you a snarky remark such as, "lol Oh." and stop messaging you.
It's funny you said this because Wed. night in a PvP match alderan, someone said in Ops, Cool, we have three healers. I asked who are the healers so I can keep an eye on them. He replied back with 'you, and the other two sages here'. I replied with sorry, I'm not a healer, I can spot heal from time to time but not speced healer. The other two where dps as well. The guy said we'll never win with three dps sages in the group and left the ops group before the battle even started. We won the battle but it was a very close battle, an I did have to take a healer role close to the end of the battle in order to keep the shadow and sentinel alive so we could recapture.

Curmedy's Avatar


Curmedy
06.22.2012 , 02:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolanos View Post
It's funny you said this because Wed. night in a PvP match alderan, someone said in Ops, Cool, we have three healers. I asked who are the healers so I can keep an eye on them. He replied back with 'you, and the other two sages here'. I replied with sorry, I'm not a healer, I can spot heal from time to time but not speced healer. The other two where dps as well. The guy said we'll never win with three dps sages in the group and left the ops group before the battle even started. We won the battle but it was a very close battle, an I did have to take a healer role close to the end of the battle in order to keep the shadow and sentinel alive so we could recapture.
Yeah I've been there too. Just the fact that we have this negative stigma effects us in PvP greatly. It's a shame but if we want to enter good PvP guilds, teams, or be taken seriously, we need to be a healing spec. A dps spec just won't cut it for most people.

^ And that's the smaller of the multiple problems dps Sages have compared to our burst/damage overall and our defensive abilities are horrific. Hopefully a fix will happen eventually, although that eventually will probably be in a long time since it doesn't look like in 1.3 we'll be getting any help at all.