Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deveron
06.22.2012 , 12:18 PM | #561
Even out of context it suits well as a signature. You don't mind me wearing that, do you?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished. In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

Ellren
06.22.2012 , 12:21 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by Deveron View Post
Even out of context it suits well as a signature. You don't mind me wearing that, do you?
Not at all, feel free. We aim to please.

Jar-Wyn
06.22.2012 , 12:30 PM | #563
8:28pm Lord Calypho: 9 people online on Imperial Fleet.
I really don't care what you do...just do something! .... please?

Chegwedtch
06.22.2012 , 12:33 PM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished.

In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.
This is beautiful! Please take him shopping.

Ghostuka
06.22.2012 , 12:48 PM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by Jar-Wyn View Post
Well, they did -something-, but they did not please some part of the community.

I wish they gave the option for RPers too, but at this point, I -highly- doubt they will do anything more. Because, if they give the option, they will be doing a policy change which will anger the rest of the community, since other servers only had one option.

I feel for you guys. But I think they will not do anything more for the initial character transfers. For the next round, where there are less restrictions on transfers, you can find a better home. Until then, you can take the transfer and bring your RP community with you? If you think the maturity level is a concern, you know "/Ignore" is hell of a command. You can clear the garbage people from your social notifications right away.
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

XharKhan
06.22.2012 , 12:49 PM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by Jar-Wyn View Post
8:48 on a Friday evening 54 people online on the Sith side total...of which 3 lvl 50's (including me)...
Clan Leader TOGA (The Old Guards Army) EU Lord Calypho

LoganArkham
06.22.2012 , 01:16 PM | #567
The problem here and what Bioware, neither other companies noticed is that if you put the hardcore people over the loyal people who likes your game, because of the background or whatever, what you will get is that those loyal people will left your game, so you lose money, and those hardcore players will left the game, with time, because you cant give them enough high content for they stay in game in medium-long time... so, you will lose money again...
With all the offer in MMO, the incoming Secret World, Guild Wars 2, etc..., those hardcore players will change of game as quick as we change of underwear... so, for me... were better to keep a loyal quantity of players, easy to keep happy, with all their roleplay, and great game experience than to try to keep happy a community that never will be happy, because they only use these games as a way to strengthen their maleness :P.

joeypesci
06.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #568
Almost off the main page. Keep shouting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shalea
06.22.2012 , 01:48 PM | #569
and still no response from Bioware -_-

JovethGonzalez
06.22.2012 , 02:23 PM | #570 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

I just wanted to take some time to address the folks that have been disappointed with the decision to allow transfers from the European RP-PvP servers to a destination PvP server. As background, the Character Transfer Service is intended to offer players an opportunity to move to a pre-selected single server that provides for a better gameplay experience via a higher population. When we initially came up with the list of destination servers, we wanted to match each origin server up to a similar playstyle destination server. This obviously worked with the majority of servers. However, due to smaller demand for the playstyle, there was only one RP-PvP server per language when the game went live.

We wanted to maintain this type of server as an option for players and we felt that the current players that were already on these servers (who specifically selected an RP-PvP playstyle) didn’t want to change that, so we left them untouched. However, after the character transfer service process began, we immediately saw that many players on European RP-PvP servers wanted to have the option to move to a higher population server.

Since our policy for Free Character Transfers is to only allow one destination server per origin server, we had to decide: will we allow these players to transfer to an RP-PvE server or a PvP server?

Due to the fact that PvE and PvP are two fundamentally different server rulesets, the choice to open PvP server destinations made the most sense. The game does impose different rules on players on PvE and PvP servers, but there are currently no rules enforced for RP players – the designation is there to indicate to players who prefer to roleplay that a server is a good choice for them.

For players that feel that the RP-PvP experience is more important, there is no requirement to leave the RP-PvP server, and we encourage players who prefer the RP-PvP playstyle to continue playing on these servers.

Please keep in mind that this is all part of our initial phase of the Character Transfer Service and that we will be monitoring the situation closely on these three servers going forward. Your feedback is very important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts during the process.