Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tomius's Avatar


tomius
06.22.2012 , 10:08 AM | #551
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
Just tell us whether it is possible that we will be allowed to transfer to an RP server. Yes or no.

Its a one word answer Bioware, we're not asking for a long drawn out explanation. But until we get that answer in the yellow text we long to see you are making it impossible for people to make a decision as to how to proceed.

Oh, and I don't mean paid transfers..
This
The Phoenix Unit | TPU | RP, PvE and PvP
Councillor General of The Phoenix Unit | The Progenitor

shalea's Avatar


shalea
06.22.2012 , 10:54 AM | #552
wish bioware would respond to us how hard is it to say yes or no to the possibilitie to go to the Progenator?

Jerro's Avatar


Jerro
06.22.2012 , 11:08 AM | #553
First of all i really feel for the RP players. All i can say is keep on fighting. I didnt had the move to TOFN as my first choice. I really hoped that Bioware could come up with a more interesting solution than they did. Not to mantion it took them 12 days to come up with move to PVP server that they could have sorted the first day! The Asia Pacific servers are also in the same boat as you (kinda). So lets hope that Bioware can come up with a more elegant solution for you and them. You have my full support!!

LoganArkham's Avatar


LoganArkham
06.22.2012 , 11:22 AM | #554
Im totally agree with all these... I started to play in Ahto city PVP server, for to play with some "friends" and all I got was an awful experience full of random insults, stupid names everywhere and proplayers wannabe, so I moved to LC.... so, If i can avoid, I wont go to freedom nadd, because of the mainly high spanish community there, which are stupids mainly. of course, there will be childish from other countries, but well... the only I know are those... so, never again, not again like it was on WoW and on Ahto city, or Laurelin in Lords of the rings online, etc etc....
Im "trapped" as well in Lord Calypho between the decision of being alone or suffer stupidity in my daily playtime... so, for the time, I will wait in LC for some answer, and I hope more Rpers do the same...
Fortunately for me, I dont have much more than a lvl 50 player in LC, although that would be a real pain to lost him because Bioware´s fault, I will go before to Progenitor or whatever RP server, before than being again in a PVP server with all that childish community (and im sorry for those friends that were PVPers or non RPers on LC, because they dont deserve such community there, but it will be what they will find).

joeypesci's Avatar


joeypesci
06.22.2012 , 11:24 AM | #555
The annoying thing now is, although we've been given a transfer, the RP people are being ignored. They need an answer. They need an answer now. BW wonder why they have such bad press etc. This is an example of why, when will they learn to understand that? When EA breaks them up and either fires most of them or moves them to different areas and games?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.

Temad's Avatar


Temad
06.22.2012 , 11:52 AM | #556
All I see is a group of people who overplayed their hand.

If the RP-PVP community was so large as to even register as a blip on the Bioware subscription numbers you likely have found a different solution. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't register and you got a bone thrown to you.

Run with it and make the best of it. Its not like there are any enforced rules that RP brings to a server it is merely a beacon for a play style. It is still 100% player driven so if you drive on over to Tomb and keep doing what you are doing there should be zero issue.

Keep saying it to yourself, the RP in any server designation means nothing official. It never has, it never will. It was a way to help RPers organize a bit. Since you all can only move one place that organization is no less.
This is my signature.

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
06.22.2012 , 11:55 AM | #557
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
Everyone who happily transferred now and is defending Bioware's decision to ignore RP community of Lord Calypho and other language RP-PVP European servers - you are wrong!
Basically what I'm saying is that IF they had only three possible options:

-> transfer to PvP
-> transfer to RP-PvE
-> transfer to PvE

IF they could NOT give us a choice between those servers, because their tech is limited only to "1 origin -> 1 destination" model, then choosing ToFN as a destination was BY FAR the best choice they could have made.

That is IF they had no other choice.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Ellren's Avatar


Ellren
06.22.2012 , 12:04 PM | #558
Quote: Originally Posted by Temad View Post
Keep saying it to yourself, the RP in any server designation means nothing official. It never has, it never will. It was a way to help RPers organize a bit. Since you all can only move one place that organization is no less.
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished.

In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

misterME's Avatar


misterME
06.22.2012 , 12:09 PM | #559
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished.

In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.
Oh, it's good to smile. First one I've had all day...

Thank you for that.

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Ellren's Avatar


Ellren
06.22.2012 , 12:10 PM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post
Oh, it's good to smile. First one I've had all day...

Thank you for that.

Always welcome darlin'