Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Transfer ETA?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BlueIndigo
06.22.2012 , 11:50 AM | #1
Like many other devoted players who have been here since beta, I created characters on a server that back arouund March began to be a low-population server. My main characters are still on that server, because I have no interest in playing on the transfer server to which I was assigned. At that time, around the end of March or April, I rerolled to several servres and found one that I enjoyed playing on with the expectation that I would be able to bring the whole family together there. I created a successful guild for rerolled players on Jedi Covenant and very much want to bring my mains over from my old server.

When can I and the many other players in this situation expect to be able to transfer to our desired servers, even if we have to pay for that service? Losing the names I began the game with (which is why I and many other players took the early start option) is one thing. But to lose the characters I so carefully built, with all their skills, legacy, and resources, seems very unfair. Please remedy this situation. Thanks for listening, Bioware.

Saga/Borgia & many more -- Sanctum of the Exalted
Aret/Marquess/Medici --Jedi Covenant

anjindex
06.22.2012 , 11:59 AM | #2
I agree with you completely, with one small exception. Surely on a premium paid subscription service like this, character transfers will be free? On RIFT you have free server transfers with a short cool-down to prevent abuse of the system.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Beesodd
06.22.2012 , 12:02 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi BlueIndigo,

Unfortunately, we still do not have an ETA or any further information on paid character transfers.

I'm sorry that I don't have more to share with you at this time.

The full transfer FAQ can be found here.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Ledvan
06.22.2012 , 01:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi BlueIndigo,

Unfortunately, we still do not have an ETA or any further information on paid character transfers.

Not good enough BW, listen to your customers, give us our transfers. I mean FFS transfers took like 1 minute in the end and now your denying us the chance to get ALL our characters on one server. Sort it out or tell us what your plans are and stop stalling

Skodan
06.22.2012 , 02:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi BlueIndigo,

ok so no eta on paid character transfers, is there any eta on free character transfers to a server of our choice

because like the op and many others i was on a dying server after a couple months of launch and started anew on Canderous Ordo, but due to the server you designated my original server i have high level characters going unplayed
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

LordKryton
06.23.2012 , 11:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by anjindex View Post
I agree with you completely, with one small exception. Surely on a premium paid subscription service like this, character transfers will be free? On RIFT you have free server transfers with a short cool-down to prevent abuse of the system.
Guild Wars 2 has also implemented a similar feature. A free character transfer once every 7 days or paid if you want it sooner.
Burial Detail

A Social Casual Friendly Sith RP-PvP Raiding Guild for Working Couples

RolandeDeschaine
06.23.2012 , 12:23 PM | #7
I am in the same place as the OP I have 3 characters (at 50 and I want to keep) on Master Lars which has been given a free transfer and I have 3 characters on Giarada the Hutt which has not been selected for transfers and has low middle population so there is no reason I couldn't transfer my other toons to it. This would let me bring my other toons over to the server I had to move to just to be able to play.

The mechanics for transfer are in place and they work it is beyond me why a paid transfer can't be enacted. Other than being able to collect money in micro transactions not in place yet I see no reason why transfers can't go into place.

For those of us who have been patient, and continued to play through the rough patches since early entrance I find BWs unwillingness to talk about transfers beyond this first "free" but very controlled process poorly thought out on their part. BW can't expect us to remain patient much longer with their lack of communication, and closing threads that talk about open transfers doesn't help.

Bioware please start talking to us, explain WHY open transfer isn't an option and stop apologizing and giving NO answers.

Averran
06.23.2012 , 12:46 PM | #8
Hello everyone,

We did address this question in our Character Transfer Service FAQ:

Quote:
When will any potential paid Character Transfer Service be available?

At this time we do not have a scheduled time frame for launch of a potential paid Character Transfer Service. However, we are committed to making improvements to the Character Transfer Service over time to provide players with a great gameplay experience. Please keep checking www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.
We will be closing this thread, as it is not a topic that requires assistance from our Customer Service department, but please do feel free to carry on in this thread:

Paid Transfers