Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SerialCracK
06.22.2012 , 05:40 AM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
1. This is not an update, this is same old PR song.
2. Examining this unique situation? Stop pretending it's any complicated and treating us like idiots.
3. Various possible scenarios? Give us transfers. The world will not end.
4. We are not any good with resting assured and patience but do you expect anything else, really?
Can't Agree more...

But really we need the "free transfer" to this server, so that we can uphold RP, and yet still enjoy pvp and all its goodies.
Because if we are going to transfer into a PvP only server, then there will be no RP'ing in puplic areas, due to pvp'ers *********** all kind of RP'ing up

misterME
06.22.2012 , 05:51 AM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
I'm not defending BW, I would like them to do the right thing for you and for everyone that have a problem with the transfers for whatever the reason (names, server destination, respawn time, lag, ...) but the reality is some suit guys at EA or BW doesn't really care about your or my problem and if they can make most of the people happy, it's better for them than spending more time handling all the different special situations.
But that's the point.

I worked a long time as a policy-maker for a large retailer in the US. When we focused on individuals, accepted that customers were unique, as were their problems, we excelled. We made extensive use of creative problem-solving, empowered our employees to do what was best for each customer, and realized that policies were guidelines, and not something that was set in stone and unmalleable. And our stock split 3 times in 4 years. We spent more on customer service, but we made it back twenty-fold in customer loyalty. It's only in the last few years, when they'd gotten away from that focus, that they began to struggle as a company (and are soon to be shuttering their doors).

For something like an MMO, customer service is an even bigger priority, since customers continue to pay. The service they receive is paramount to their decision to remain subscribers. As long as Bioware continues to adopt this "one solution fits all" mentality, and continues to prioritize one group in the game over any other, they will bleed subs until there's only a handful left playing, which isn't commercially viable. They need to break that habit now, before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Tell the stiffs at EA to shove it, and take care of your player-base. All of them. Otherwise, this game is doomed to a slow death (the throes of which have already long begun).

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Nyla
06.22.2012 , 06:34 AM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post
But that's the point.

I worked a long time as a policy-maker for a large retailer in the US. When we focused on individuals, accepted that customers were unique, as were their problems, we excelled. We made extensive use of creative problem-solving, empowered our employees to do what was best for each customer, and realized that policies were guidelines, and not something that was set in stone and unmalleable. And our stock split 3 times in 4 years. We spent more on customer service, but we made it back twenty-fold in customer loyalty. It's only in the last few years, when they'd gotten away from that focus, that they began to struggle as a company (and are soon to be shuttering their doors).

For something like an MMO, customer service is an even bigger priority, since customers continue to pay. The service they receive is paramount to their decision to remain subscribers. As long as Bioware continues to adopt this "one solution fits all" mentality, and continues to prioritize one group in the game over any other, they will bleed subs until there's only a handful left playing, which isn't commercially viable. They need to break that habit now, before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Tell the stiffs at EA to shove it, and take care of your player-base. All of them. Otherwise, this game is doomed to a slow death (the throes of which have already long begun).

I completely agree with you, maybe I'm just pessimistic about EA and BW while you still have some hope.

Tbh, TOR will probably be the last BW game I will ever buy, I bought all their games in the last 14 years and I haven't bought ME3. BW and EA are now in a trend of mass marketing their games with a short term goal of maximizing quick profits, that's all they really care, at least at the upper levels.

I'm 100% sure that if thoses suit guys had let the devs do their thing how they wanted to at start, we would have a better game with more people still playing. They asked them to change TOR's original design to appeal to everyone (again for quick profits on the box sales and first subs) instead of making a good game.

The problem is I don't think thoses peoples get the messages from us when we make big threads, only after a while, when we hit at the pocket.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

shalea
06.22.2012 , 07:38 AM | #544
so still no news from Bioware about if the RPers can transfer to the Proginator

Deveron
06.22.2012 , 08:04 AM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.
You have 0 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

You really like to go to the limit, don't you? Really wonder what took you so long. Anyways, one account resubbed thanks to your just in time decision.

Oh the second account? Well, let's see...

1. Transfer everyone to a PvP server of same language - Check!
  2. Close the RP-PvP servers
  3. Wait for the mega-servers balancing out
  4. Open up a new international EU RP-PvP server called "Corosian Phoenix"
  5. Allow free transfers from all remaining servers
  6. Allow free name change of characters and legacy
  7. Profit

With more green lights on this list, I'll think about it. The name is not negotiable!

skotish
06.22.2012 , 08:46 AM | #546
I really feel sorry for my friends on Lord calypho this has been handled really badly shame shame on Bw
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Streams
06.22.2012 , 08:58 AM | #547
Right about now somebody from Bioware could at least come with an official statement regarding the future of Lord Calypho, wether it will maintain the way things are now (only allowing transfers towards a pure PvP server), or if they have plans to allow in the near future (as in not more than a couple of weeks) transfers also towards a RP server.

On Lord Calypho I've never experienced long PvP queues (well, 2-3 minutes, but it was acceptable), granted that I've met quite a number of Empire teams, so that mean it wasn't pretty on the Republic side. Yet, after the flood gates have been opened, the queue went straight up to almost 1,5 hours. So that ship sailed, and everything else was quite difficult - flashpoints are close to impossible now. (although cross server PvP would be a solution, I pretty much doubt they will implement it given the fact that they are making gigantic servers -> no need for cross server wz)

Granted there still is RP on Lord Calypho, it is will die out quite fast, given that aside from that, we'd only have just questing and any guild (mainly) related events.

But an answer with Bioware regarding their next moves with Lord Calypho would be more than welcomed.
I'm not in any way considering a transfer to a non-RP server.

Ellren
06.22.2012 , 09:06 AM | #548
Just tell us whether it is possible that we will be allowed to transfer to an RP server. Yes or no.

Its a one word answer Bioware, we're not asking for a long drawn out explanation. But until we get that answer in the yellow text we long to see you are making it impossible for people to make a decision as to how to proceed.

Oh, and I don't mean paid transfers..

eclipce
06.22.2012 , 09:47 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
Just tell us whether it is possible that we will be allowed to transfer to an RP server. Yes or no.

Its a one word answer Bioware, we're not asking for a long drawn out explanation. But until we get that answer in the yellow text we long to see you are making it impossible for people to make a decision as to how to proceed.

I agree, a YES or a NO - you own us this much, the few who remains on Lord Calypho still hoping there for a proper decision = transfer to The Progenitor.
"you cannot kill what you did not create"

LordExozone
06.22.2012 , 09:57 AM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post

Couldn't agree more!
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.