Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

misterME
06.22.2012 , 04:09 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
They don't have any choice, there is no way to boost population on LC all they can do is move you elsewhere, their only other option would have been to merge the 3 EU RP-PvP servers, which would mean 3 languages an still not a high population.

You might get a choice in the 2nd round of free promotional transfers to move to an RP-PvE server but that would mean a policy change in allowing PvP>PvE.

What other solution would you propose?
What?! It's not like that hasn't been answered 300 times in this thread...

The solution, seeing as how it is an RP-PVP server is to allow those of us who want to go to a pure-PVP server to transfer to ToFN, and those of us who value RP over the PVP (or are unwilling to put up with the crass, infantile population on ToFN) to transfer to an RP-PVE server. Why is that so difficult to understand?

There's no policy change involved, at least not one any more striking than assuming that PVP is more important to the whole population of LC than RP.

This is just another example of Bioware thinking they know best what's in the hearts and minds of their players. When, in reality, they don't have a clue.

As for offering a second round of transfers in an attempt to make this all better: fat chance. Can you imagine the QQing of all the folks that transferred to ToFN now, if in a week's time they open up free transfers to The Progenitor? Talk about backlash. Sure, some, even many, would be content. But there would be a large percentage that would scream bloody murder that they'd missed their chance to go to a server that better represented their gameplay style.

No, there only viable option was to allow transfers to either place, simultaneously. And if that wasn't technically possible, then their programers are more incompetent than the general bugs in the game would lead us to believe.

Just more of the same from Bioware: silly, ugly end-game sets, lack of anything interesting post-50, no chat bubbles, unoptimized engine that drags even hyper-built systems to their knees, lack of RP support, sound and graphics bugs that have persisted all the way from beta (yes, the same exact ones), stat penalties for Neutral-aligned characters, complete lack of compelling open-world PVP...The list won't fit into the character limit of a single post.

I guess it's on us for expecting Bioware to break free of this legacy of failure to offer us something that made sense for *all* the community on LC.

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Nyla
06.22.2012 , 04:11 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by HelicopterHomer View Post
I just wanted to add that I'm glad with the transfer option, but....

... BW, you should really add a transfer option for the RP people. If there are technical restrictions preventing you from opening 2 destination servers, then at least admit it here and give the RP-ers something to look for. A simple "We're sorry folks but we can't open multiple destination servers, just hang in and we promis that in 2 weeks we'll change the destionation server to a RP-PvE server" would work wonders.

On that note, communication is key. Always. I'm sure you guys have hired experts who know that just as well. Why don't you listen to those experts?
It all started with your initial server transfers, really. Instead of anouncing
"Tranfers will be available on the 12th and we reserve the right to tweak them further"
you should have said
"On the 12th we will start opening transfers. Do mind we will start by only opening them for a few servers and gradually open transfers for the other servers in the next week if we see everything is going smooth".
That would have saved you a lot of angry customers those first few days.

Then in this thread you guys do nothing but give us the standard "You guys are important we are looking at the solution" PR reply. People really dislike that. Instead you could have mentioned something like "Hey guys, we are looking for the best way to give you transfer options. There are technical problems preventing us from opening multiple destination servers so we're looking for alternatives." Or whatever was the reason that it took so long.

Just, you know, Communicate!
They can't because explaining the reasons would upset some players, the same way that saying some games were more important for EA than TOR upset some.

Servers are needed so they do it. But at same time, they want to make money and so the question becomes, are that group of people big enough that it will hurt us if we do nothing or do we have to do something ? If we do nothing, how many would use paid transfers and how many will quit ?

The problem is you can't communicate about that with your customers, it makes your company look bad and greedy. It shows that you are in a business and aren't making games for the sole reason to make people have fun. That's not something you can talk about, especially in the entertainement field.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

misterME
06.22.2012 , 04:15 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyosa View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grj0ffXzTFA /emo

On a serious note, the last yellow response is at page 35. Does this thread really have to hit page 70 before we get another reply? How hard can it be to simply answer when it's obvious that we're being monitored based on the sudden absence of deleted posts?
Whoa...Be careful. Mentioning deleted posts is a surefire way of getting your own post deleted. No one speaks of Big Brother without fear of being de-existed. It's double-plus-ungood...

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

vandana_
06.22.2012 , 04:26 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
The majority of us wanted to go to ToFN. I still supported the option between PvP and RP-PvE (since I believe it's all about CHOICE), but never wanted to go to a PvE server personally.
You can't just state that the majority wanted to go to ToFN - the majority wanted to have a choice and in my guild (biggest on the server I believe) the majority wanted to go to The Progenitor. Besides, you don't just cater to majority and ignore such dedicated minority as role-playing players - it's just not right and it's a bad business practice.

Everyone who happily transferred now and is defending Bioware's decision to ignore RP community of Lord Calypho and other language RP-PVP European servers - you are wrong! Decisions like this destroy the community piece by piece. It was obvious for majority of people in Lord Calypho the choice should be there. Maybe so obvious that the RPers assumed they will get the possibility to transfer to RP-PVE and were not vocal enough. But seriously, you will base your basic game design decisions on forum outrages?? JUST THINK.

If you support this kind of bullsh*t people you will end up with no one to play with again. Every single customer matters.
V'ox

Kiyosa
06.22.2012 , 04:29 AM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post
As for offering a second round of transfers in an attempt to make this all better: fat chance. Can you imagine the QQing of all the folks that transferred to ToFN now, if in a week's time they open up free transfers to The Progenitor? Talk about backlash.
That's true, the chances of that happening are pretty slim. But perhaps they make transfers from ToFN to The Progenitor in time? But that is also wishful thinking and without any official response, we're left to speculate for eternity. -_-'
Kiyosa, Level 50 Sith Sorcerer, Lord Calypho refugee, finally on The Progenitor

Nyla
06.22.2012 , 04:30 AM | #526
That's true, the chances of that happening are pretty slim. But perhaps they make transfers from ToFN to The Progenitor in time? But that is also wishful thinking and without any official response, we're left to speculate for eternity. -_-'
Like everyone with a problem with the current transfers, you aren't that special.

Kiyosa
06.22.2012 , 04:33 AM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
Like everyone with a problem with the current transfers, you aren't that special.
Thank you for pointing that out, truly constructive, since I obviously did claim to be special and unique.

Man-Kar
06.22.2012 , 04:40 AM | #528
Just to state (if that means anything..) - I will not use the current transfer. RP server naming rules, as well as the fact, that some of my character names are taken are too important for me. The disgust being 1 of the total 3 players on the fleet will make me rather quit the game, than move to current free transfer choice.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I investigated the target server, as well as name availability. I think some of the people who transfered, will feel disgusted too after some time. It's just, that RP or RP-PVP servers have different mentality. There are not enough warning on the way too. I'm pretty sure, that some of the people transfered with a thought, that they will retain their names (a point about this in a FAQ after 3 clicks is not enough to realize it).

Kiyosa
06.22.2012 , 04:42 AM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-Kar View Post
Just to state (if that means anything..) - I will not use the current transfer. RP server naming rules, as well as the fact, that some of my character names are taken are too important for me. The disgust being 1 of the total 3 players on the fleet will make me rather quit the game, than move to current free transfer choice.
There never were or will be any RP naming policies, not even on RP servers.

Nyla
06.22.2012 , 04:44 AM | #530
Thank you for pointing that out, truly constructive, since I obviously did claim to be special and unique.
When you ask for another update when they just started transfers to ToFN yesterday and they are still not at work ?
You're obviously not special if they have to make an update now on your problems when they still haven't answered some other problems since they started the transfers the 12th.