Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BSOD - Help, Please!!

ShaolinSith
12.18.2011 , 11:34 AM | #1
Hi guys,

So, I've been running SWtOR for a few days now, and a BSOD crash is becoming more and more common for one reason or another. Usually its a 24 error mentioning the disk stopping, and there's a message about "IRQL is not less than or greater".

My machine is a little on the older side, but system reqs seem to check out.
2.2 GHz Intel Duo Core processors T7500
2.0 GB RAM
50 GB HD (This is a Mac laptop with Windows XP on this partition. Still almost 11G empty on this drive. Everything else I've read says SWtOR has no problems running in BootCamp)
NVidia 8600M GT Video Card

All drivers were updated tonight. Any help/bright ideas are welcome. As of this writing, I'm logging off to run a HDD diagnostic. Will update if I find anything unusual.

Thanks in advance.

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 11:36 AM | #2
Are you running it as a seperate partition using a built in boot loader, or are you using bootcamp?
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Tuza
12.18.2011 , 07:17 PM | #3
My girlfriend has had a similar problem. BSOD crashes while playing from bootcamp. Any info on this would be great!

Bump!

ShaolinSith
12.18.2011 , 07:24 PM | #4
I'm playing from Bootcamp, but I was under the impression that Bioware said beta testers were playing it like that with no issues?

Also, I ran HDD diagnostics from both the Windows and Mac sides on the partitioned drive. Nothing unusual detected :/