Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Neural Augmentor gone in 1.3?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Advanced Neural Augmentor gone in 1.3?

IHate
06.20.2012 , 07:44 PM | #1
Are the rare slicing mission rewards being phased out with the new 1.3 patch?
That is really gonna suck. Every screenshot I see does not include them in the materials for crafting the new augment kits.

FuulishOne
06.20.2012 , 08:09 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by IHate View Post
That is really gonna suck. Every screenshot I see does not include them in the materials for crafting the new augment kits.
You'll still need the rare slicing rewards to craft the actual augments.

IHate
06.20.2012 , 09:18 PM | #3
The existing ones or are they all NEW ones now?

jolleebindu
06.20.2012 , 09:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IHate View Post
Augment kits =\= augments
augment kits take the blue mats, they add an augment slot to the item
purple augments take purple mats, these have the actual stats
JolleeBindu
<|====|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

GnatB
06.21.2012 , 10:52 AM | #5
Note to self: Stop dumping subelectronic data modules on the vendors and start stockpiling them.

venomlash
06.21.2012 , 11:11 AM | #6
Augment kits are going to use new mats derived from REing gear. Hopefully they'll also use blue slicing mats to alleviate the glut on the market.
Augments will be crafted the same way as ever.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

nezitx
06.21.2012 , 11:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Note to self: Stop dumping subelectronic data modules on the vendors and start stockpiling them.
Right now the kits take 2 subelectronic data modules. I honestly wish they took 10+. Why? Because I have about 1500 of these in my bank with nothing to use them on. I can't sell them on the GTN for the same reason I have so many. If they were required a lot more of those for kits, the demand for them might actually make a dent in my stock. At only 2 per kit, I already have enough to make 15 augment kits for 50 different characters.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

GnatB
06.21.2012 , 12:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nezitx View Post
Right now the kits take 2 subelectronic data modules. I honestly wish they took 10+. Why? Because I have about 1500 of these in my bank with nothing to use them on. I can't sell them on the GTN for the same reason I have so many. If they were required a lot more of those for kits, the demand for them might actually make a dent in my stock. At only 2 per kit, I already have enough to make 15 augment kits for 50 different characters.
Well, amount *you* have stockpiled already should be irrelevant to the cost. I'd imagine most people aren't the packrats you appear to be, and that should also be considered sort of a "sunk cost", and thus shouldn't really be taken into account..

What *is* important would/should be the ongoing consumption/creation rate. The SDM's basically have no real use right now. (yeah, they're used to LEARN the artifact version, but that's a sunk cost, and after that they're basically pointless, as people at cap are willing to wait/save for the 1 time final best purchase). Ideally, they should be used at about the same rate the purples are used. I haven't really been paying all that much attention to how many are returned each mission, (since they're basically worthless) but you have about a 20% chance of getting 3 purples back. Assuming you get ~7 or so per mission, that's a 40:3 ratio for creation. (I'm ignoring mission discoveries, IMO better off doing the tech part missons for 'em), so the ratio of consumption should (ideally) be around that 40:3 ratio. However, while it isn't true that every augment requires an augment kit, (some things will be crit crafted) it can be assumed that every augment kit would use up an augment. Which would mean that the ratio of blues for the kit to purples for the augment should probably be a bit less than that 40:3... so that would be an argument for the kits something a bit under 53 SDM's each. Maybe 40?

Forget 10. That isn't NEARLY enough.

(Note: This assumes my guesstimates on yields is accurate)

Kreld
06.21.2012 , 01:22 PM | #9
I do find it amusing that people think the data modules are worthless. I have a small trade going with selling blue 22 augs on the GTN. They don't sell like hotcakes but they do sell and have helped keep my stockpile of blue mats down.

MidichIorian
06.21.2012 , 03:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Hahahaha, word. I must have sold thousands of them buy now I dumped 50 this morning.