Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills and Items in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills and Items in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Equillian
06.21.2012 , 02:38 PM | #31
So Flashpoints are stil absolutely useless? From the talk, I figured they were going to turn the loot up a notch, and make HMFPs drop Columi with Some Rakata. Now it's Tionese with Some(more) Columi. I was really hoping to open up all that content as a way to gear my people for Hardmodes+.

As it stands, one run through SMEV would be better time wise. We can run it in just over an hour and each boss drops 6 pieces (4 Tionese and 2 Columi) and a smattering of lil stuff. HMFPs take an hour or more, and drop 6 pieces of gear at best?

Im not screaming here, but it would have been nice to make flashpoints drop "last season's fashion"

I feel sorry for those who can't raid.
Nakata Makari
RP / PVE / PVP

Owsley
06.21.2012 , 02:51 PM | #32
What about the social gear from the Rakghoul Plauge event? I don't see it on the list of Adaptive Gear.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Xericor
06.21.2012 , 02:54 PM | #33
Now, Im not stupid and I could probably figure all this out if I took the time, but honestly which small percentage of people is all this aimed at?
As a casual gamer, I find it all a bit complex, so...

I play on Uthar Wynn (at least till my sub runs out), Jedi Sage, Healer spec, prefer PvP can someone make me what I need.. credits waiting
Jedi Consular and 'Healer for Hire'

Galbatorrix
06.21.2012 , 02:57 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
What about the social gear from the Rakghoul Plauge event? I don't see it on the list of Adaptive Gear.
The republic containment officer armor definitely is. As I'm wearing it on PTS.

I don't own the imperial armor, so I'm not sure about that, but it really wouldn't make since to change one and not the other.

Estwing
06.21.2012 , 02:57 PM | #35
How about updating the cost to change out mods in gear. Not sure if this has been mentioned by devs lately but it is to the point where it makes the game less fun due to the cost of changing out gear mods just for cosmetic preferences. Especially now with the option to add augments to gear it makes this even more of a pain.
-Republíc-

Hammerhead- Sage Gennifer - Scoundrel

Gennífer - Guardian Mokarran - Vanguard

Sphyrnidae - Shadow Sledgehammer - Commando

Equillian
06.21.2012 , 02:59 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Estwing View Post
How about updating the cost to change out mods in gear. Not sure if this has been mentioned by devs lately but it is to the point where it makes the game less fun due to the cost of changing out gear mods just for cosmetic preferences. Especially now with the option to add augments to gear it makes this even more of a pain.
You obviously didnt read this post, they're lowering the cost by 30%.
Nakata Makari
RP / PVE / PVP

CourtneyWoods
06.21.2012 , 03:02 PM | #37 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the Containment Officer gear will be adaptive in 1.3 and we have updated the list in the blog.

Thank you!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Giolon
06.21.2012 , 03:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the Containment Officer gear will be adaptive in 1.3 and we have updated the list in the blog.

Thank you!
What about the Republic Dancer Outfit? It's not on the list, but the Imperial Dancer Outfit is.
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
¤~Giolon

Dein_Cathair
06.21.2012 , 03:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Systems Designer, David Hunt details some of the changes to crew skills and itemization in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Read More
All I can say is good job, it all looks great.
Although I believe more content could have been added I'm giving this guy an A+

DavidHunt
06.21.2012 , 03:08 PM | #40 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by aluisi View Post
When I modded it out and put it all on yes the armor rating went up but the durability stayed the same as if it was light gear so 80/80 all my medium armor is 100/100. So yes this is a fun change but as a hard core raider it comes with a cost that makes it not worth it. It comes with more repair bills more frequently.
Adaptive armor doesn't change durability because we're updating all armor to use the same durability values around 1.4.

Quote: Originally Posted by rymah View Post
1. Is there anything that is going to be done about the overabundance of Companion Gift missions that we are currently seeing? It's quite frustrating as a synthweaver to try and collect metals when 4/5 missions are gifts, and the 5th is fabrics...or vice versa.
We're looking at ways to control these lists better, such as guaranteeing missions of all types. No ETA.

Quote: Originally Posted by rymah View Post
2. Crew Mission failure rates for max affection companions, why does this happen as frequently as it does?
Are you failing more with companions at max affection than at low affection?

Quote: Originally Posted by Equillian View Post
Im not screaming here, but it would have been nice to make flashpoints drop "last season's fashion"
The Flashpoint update was described as a partial re-itemization because it's mostly shuffling around gear within the framework that already exists. We're working on plans that will give us the tools to provide more consistent reward paths from various areas (like Flashpoints), but there's still quite a bit of work before we will get there.

While it's possible that we may move towards a "last season's fashion" Flashpoint loot system, that wasn't an option for 1.3. Even though our long-term plans are going to, well, take longer, we still wanted to improve FP loot in the interim. If we moved towards Rakata loot in FPs, the total acquisition time would just shift the problem over to some of the Operations, because they are gated in ways that FPs aren't.