Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when is the sound situation going to be addressed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So when is the sound situation going to be addressed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bulwyf
06.20.2012 , 07:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gifts View Post
yeah once the sound issue happens u cant hear any of the cut scenes and it really is important during pvp. u cant hear when a stealth is near or when someone has did an objective. But i appreciate the comments.
I never had this bug until last night. Completely ruined the cut scenes on my class story line as I could not hear anything and I do not have subtitles enabled so I completely missed whatever was said. I hope they can fix this soon.
Such a lot the gods gave to me—to me, the dazed, the disappointed; the barren, the broken.

H.P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

timmyw
06.20.2012 , 08:31 AM | #22
This is driving me ... BATTY. I have to turn the sound off and put music on. Which kinda ruins the experience.

I find lightsaber sounds cutting in and out, which is one of the most annoying things. Also lightning sticking around which hurts my ears.

After some experimentation with volume I found that sometimes I can hear something if I turn the volume RIGHT up. (don't do this with headphones) also, when you move the camera right out sometimes the sound borks itself.

I think there might be a problem with sound channels, and/or perhaps the proximity of the character in relation to where your camera is. Perhaps the volume of a sound channel setting itself to 0 for some reason.

Just speculation though, but every week I pray for a fix to this and it never comes. Here's hoping for next week.

Cerdo_hormiguero
06.20.2012 , 08:42 AM | #23
Since 1.2, my sound still breaks after 4-5 WZs. Same for most of my guild.

I have NEVER seen BW recognize that this issue even exists.

Skorz
06.20.2012 , 02:25 PM | #24
Yeah most of the time the game sounds "empty" for me.. like there's some sounds missing half of the time and I can rarely hear any game music. I also can't hear the dialogue in class quests but this doesn't happen very often though.

injury
06.21.2012 , 03:03 AM | #25
Most in my guild have decided the main issue is with one of the explosion sounds most often when we group with a commando but probably used elsewhere too.

Maybe the other sound issues were just simple fixes so got addressed first, but the sound drop out is a huge issue and seems to affect everyone that I have come accross. Just wish it was a higher priority since many of us are tired of having to restart the game to fix it.

The other issues like the jet engine noise was only really noticeable if the main sound bug (can't hear cut scenes, self buff makes no sound, warzone warning sounds stop functioning, most of the voiceovers for warzones go silent) was acting up at the time.

flyersfan
06.21.2012 , 03:10 AM | #26
I agree. I was raging about this earlier today while I was playing. I went through the second half of Balmorra today and only about a dozen lines were actually spoken. I ended up just reading all of the dialogue because no sound was coming through. In a game with Jennifer Hale, this is borderline criminal. As an aside, I haven't heard Tanno Vik's voice with my Vanguard yet since all he does is mouth words rather than speak them.

I have an issue with other sounds as well. Sometimes my attacks don't make any sound or the enemies are silent. It really takes away from the game and should be a top 3 priority within the studio. In a game where the voice acting was so heavily advertised, one would think that the developers would actually want the players to hear the voice acting.

Kalfear
06.21.2012 , 04:07 AM | #27
yeah I was doing dailies on Ilum and Id get a line and then it go silent for a line.

Very annoying

The most annoying thing is if you esc out and redo, the lines that were silent play the 2nd time but the lines that did play the first time are silent the 2nd time!

There seems to be no rthym to the sound breaks other then they will happen at some point every cut screen.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Enkenon
06.21.2012 , 05:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gifts View Post
So its been a good month or so since this problem has arrived. I believe it was introduced in patch 1.2 but dont quote me on that . I had originally planned to ignore it thinking that it would b fixed by now. Evidently thats not the case. Also this is not just a problem I experience Ive asked others in my guild and they have the same problem. If someone has already found an answer to this huge irritation I would greatly appreciate an answer. Anyway after a few wz couldnt tell u specificlly how many the sound pretty much dies out and all u hear is electricity for the most part.
To fix it they 1st need to know how to fix it and they got their hands full with putting stuff in the game that should have already been there.
Patience.
This is WAR.
(ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZB]]]]][[[[[BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

Pargon
06.21.2012 , 11:41 AM | #29
Throwing in my two cents and surbscribing. The two main places I notice the sounds dropping out are in Warzones and in EC. By the end of EC, I can't hear the music, the voice acting, or many sound effects. Specifically, I notice just inside the door to the tanks, I can hear a crackling like electricity just repeating.

While I've been watching for the casts of things like Defensive Phase, the audio feedback from that phase change would make things much more intuitive and easier.

Most of the time I'm just listening to the raid leader on mumble so we get through it all just fine, but it's definitely not a good experience with the sound how it is. Been hoping for a fix for a while because it's pretty bad.

I can fix it temporarily by restarting the SWTOR client, but that's not really feasible during a raid.
Chattur'gha, Narokath, Santak, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon, Pargon

AllisonBerryman
06.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank you for the additional reports, everyone. We're still monitoring reports of sound issues and are addressing each individual problem as we're able. We do have more fixes coming soon! Thanks again for letting us know when/how/where this is happening.