Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

Jeweledleah
12.18.2011 , 06:24 PM | #21
what amuses me is the people complain about more of the same, but when they realize that its not more of the same, instead of enjoying the game for what it is - they DEMAND more of the same. why?

deneeve
12.18.2011 , 06:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixMatrix View Post
This is a story oriented game that just happens to let a lot of people play together. As Bioware stated before, "a massively SINGLEPLAYER game"

So it kinds of make sense that the game, in its first iteration, will be focus far more on the journey, rerolling, remaking the same characters and taking different paths, doing a different set of quest (if you do all the quests you end up impossibly overleveled. You're not supposed to), trying out light/dark side, etc.
When is this supposed to happen? I'm only level 16 so far and I've hit Balmorra, but I haven't found this to be the case at all so far. I've been finding myself doing all the quests in an area (maybe skipping a few group quests, but basically doing every single solo quest) and I barely am leveled enough to finish my story quest. In fact, I'm usually at least one level under my final story quest for the area. I am at the very minimum level to go to Balmorra even after pretty much clearing the last zone I was in. So I'm kind of concerned if this is going to be a continuing trend or if there will be more quests in future zones I'm visiting. Thanks.

Doracahl
12.18.2011 , 06:47 PM | #23
Theres nothing wrong with wanting more, but if you are desperately trying to get to "end game" you're only ruining things for yourself. Like stated in an earlier post, WoW didn't launch with that much content, compared to how it is now and if you -really- want more content reroll. Unlike WoW rerolling in this game is -actually- different, because the main story completely changes for you. It's not like going from a mage to a warrior where just your gameplay changes, there's more content/story overall.

EvanSnowWolf
12.18.2011 , 06:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by deneeve View Post
When is this supposed to happen? I'm only level 16 so far and I've hit Balmorra, but I haven't found this to be the case at all so far. I've been finding myself doing all the quests in an area (maybe skipping a few group quests, but basically doing every single solo quest) and I barely am leveled enough to finish my story quest. In fact, I'm usually at least one level under my final story quest for the area. I am at the very minimum level to go to Balmorra even after pretty much clearing the last zone I was in. So I'm kind of concerned if this is going to be a continuing trend or if there will be more quests in future zones I'm visiting. Thanks.
Do you never flashpoint? I am level 13 and just starting Coruscant.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

deneeve
12.18.2011 , 07:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
Do you never flashpoint? I am level 13 and just starting Coruscant.
It's kind of annoying trying to find people for flashpoints so I have been avoiding them so far. I don't remember what level I got to Dromund Kaas...level 11 maybe? Now I just hit 16 and am at Balmorra. It's just very concerning because Sith warr quests can be kind of tough (they are usually 4 levels ahead of you when you get them). So I like to get as close to the level required for them when I go. But I've been finding that kind of difficult to do. Like I said, the last one I did I was still 1 level below despite doing all the single player quests in Dromund Kaas. Hoping that changes on Balmorra and that there are more quests so I can level because I imagine these Sith Warr quests will only get tougher with time.

Armss
12.18.2011 , 07:06 PM | #26
i started writing something and deleted it. your all trolls, and now i am.

the game is what it is. you want something made your way? get 300million in startup capital, recruit an army of designers and game makers and artists and put out your own dam game.

OP you are beyond arrogant to state "this is how it is, this is how it absolutely must be" and i hope to god you do get bored after a week and go back to wow cause i dont want you here.

ive been rushing my first toon, and i cant wait to roll the next, and i cant wait to actually SEE endgame raiding and gear and crafting before i get into a forum post, tell everyone how wrong all these things that really no one has seen are, and i just cant wait.

i like the game the way it is. you dont have to, but you dont have to play either.

so go right now and get your preorder money back. im not playing WoW anymore, so i dont want WoW forums with WoW trolls.

and i killed your dog and buried it in my back yard. there, now im a troll too
Just another bad muthah shut yo' mouth

Brunnhilda
12.18.2011 , 09:12 PM | #27
Part of the problem is quests give WAYYYYYY too much xp. The fact that Im level 32 before I even touch Aldaran (sp?) is just goofy.

Jetflair
12.18.2011 , 09:22 PM | #28
I dont agree much what OP said but he has point too.

I like the game way it is. Stories are really good, and I could see myself spending very long time going through all of quests and story lines with one character.

However, when I start to think would I read all the stories with another character with diffrent I notice I propably wouldn't right away. I'd love to do it, but I think it will probably take ages.

So when I arrive finally on that level 50 I think I'd like to stick there for a long and have bit different focus than the stories. I wouldn't mind heavy raiding.

Something to keep people playing together.

SithZigg
12.18.2011 , 11:50 PM | #29
So, instead of enjoying the story, you rushed through the game, and now you noticed that you are running out of game. Sorry, I will not shed a tear for you. You made the choice to skip past/rush through the majority of the game; this is a problem of your own creation, so deal with the consequences.
I'm a Sith Enchantress, I do evil Sith dances! And when you look into my eyes, I'll put you in trances! And you know what I'll do? I will make a Sith brew! And finish you off with force lighting too! Soooooooooooo, watch out!

Darth_Casus
12.19.2011 , 12:37 AM | #30
Its an mmo for the socializing as well. I mean I agree with the whole solo leveling thing, but how about you take a new lvl 1 under your wing and show them the ropes. Its like playing the game again and it will be more fun with 2 people seeing how different it is rather than 1. Imagine how fun it would be to see a different class story through the eyes of your character, along with the company of a new friend. Players in this game exceed companions. you get bored with companions quickly and can only talk to them occasionally but with a new apprentice/friend you have a real live person.

I got to lvl 18 with my inquisitor in 3 days. I made a new character cause I knew I was going too fast and so I decided to slow down and enjoy every bit of the story Bioware made for us.
The Black Knights: Dark Lord
The Black Knights Website
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."