Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive Latency issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eriline
06.20.2012 , 10:55 AM | #11
ok i tried all those connection steps still nothing. Currently i only have chars on Jedi Convent i never transfered...try to log in another server made a lvl 1 still having the latency issues so im really confused as to what is happening. would appreciated a response as soon as possible

Llindrel
06.20.2012 , 10:55 AM | #12
I'm also having massive latency spikes. I usually sit in the 30ms to 40ms range. Since I transferred off Darth Sion onto Drooga's Pleasure Barge it's been randomly spiking into the 1000's for no apparent reason i.e. by myself on my ship.

All my other web based programs and online games work fine just to note. I also called my isp to make sure and they said there was no problems on their end.

ChosenWriter
06.20.2012 , 11:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

To try to pin down where this issue is arising from please perform the following procedure while experiencing connectivity issues.

Firstly, if you connect via Wi-Fi please instead connect your machine directly with a cable if possible.

In order to generate a Trace Route, please complete the following steps:
  • Press Windows Key + R, type ‘cmd’ and press Enter. In the command window, please type in the following command:
    • tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx > C:\tracert.txt
      • Please replace ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’ by the relevant server IP.
        • If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
        • If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
        • If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252
  • A file ‘tracert.txt’ will be created on your local drive C: and will contain the trace route information.
  • Copy/Paste the content of the file into your post using this format: [spoiler]content of tracert.txt[/spoiler]
Please modify your tracert.txt file so that your IP address (entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses) is not visible and attach the tracert.txt to your reply for analysis

We do have a connectivity troubleshooting page here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1476
It may be helpful to some users to go through that and perform any of the relevant steps.

Please note we are unable to support users with 3G internet connections or over-clocked systems.
There are a few threads about this already. In all of them we've been asked to do what you've asked this user to do. In all cases our systems and ISPs checked out fine and then we didn't hear anything else. It is not isolated to a particular server, however it does seems to affect all servers involved in the transfer service, whether the user transferred characters or not. For instance, once the servwers transfers started I began to have this issue on all of my characters on Jedi Covenant and the K Obelisk (a low pop server). I transferred my characters from KO to Canderous Ordo. Still having the same issue and I continue to have the issue on Jedi Covenant even though I never did a transfer. Never had a problem before the transfers started. It's not my ISP. It isn't my computer. It's isn't an isolated incident since it seems to be happening more frequently to more users, all with the same symptoms and all without any of the issues you have us check for. I'd really like to see a dev or CS agent give us a response as to what it may be that isn't a user-sided issue.

Cerimon
06.20.2012 , 11:10 AM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Eriline and Llindrel,

@Llindrel: Please confirm you have completed the previously linked troubleshooting steps. If so please continue with the following steps.

@Eriline : Please try these steps:
  • Run the game after performing a clean boot. Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
  • Make sure all Windows Updates including optional ones have been successfully installed.

Please let us know how you get on after this.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Eriline
06.20.2012 , 12:01 PM | #15
ok well after doing all that im still having the same problem :/ i really dont know what else to do...if u guys have any more sugggestions just let me know plz...

Cerimon
06.20.2012 , 12:04 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Eriline,

At this point we will need to take a closer look at your system to determine if there is an issue. To do this we need you to send us your MsInfo file as below.

Please send a support request ticket to support@swtor.com – please include as much information as possible about the problem and outline the steps you have already taken - this will prevent you being asked to repeat steps you have already completed.

Please also attach your most recent Dxdiag, any Client/Launcher logs and also your MSINFO.

Please see this post on how to retrieve your Dxdiag and Client/Launcher logs: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...507#post749507

To get your MSINFO:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter into the following window “MSINFO32” and press ENTER
  3. Now you have the “System Information” open
  4. Click on “File” -> “Export” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop) All this information must be saved as .txt file.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Eriline
06.20.2012 , 12:23 PM | #17
thx ill do that really appreciate the help

Cerimon
06.20.2012 , 12:29 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Eriline,

No problem. Feel free to post if you need help in future.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

DotFreelance
06.20.2012 , 12:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ChosenWriter View Post
There are a few threads about this already. In all of them we've been asked to do what you've asked this user to do. In all cases our systems and ISPs checked out fine and then we didn't hear anything else. It is not isolated to a particular server, however it does seems to affect all servers involved in the transfer service, whether the user transferred characters or not. For instance, once the servwers transfers started I began to have this issue on all of my characters on Jedi Covenant and the K Obelisk (a low pop server). I transferred my characters from KO to Canderous Ordo. Still having the same issue and I continue to have the issue on Jedi Covenant even though I never did a transfer. Never had a problem before the transfers started. It's not my ISP. It isn't my computer. It's isn't an isolated incident since it seems to be happening more frequently to more users, all with the same symptoms and all without any of the issues you have us check for. I'd really like to see a dev or CS agent give us a response as to what it may be that isn't a user-sided issue.
And what if it's because several users have not, for example, updated the .net structure installed on their computers, or haven't downloaded and installed all of the service packs for windows? What if it's due to a common setting or software that interferes with network connectivity for a particular type of network flow?

Correlation DOES NOT equal causation. Just because a problem is happening to multiple people doesn't mean it's because the game is broken. First, that's incredibly ignorant of how computer systems work, and second by your by logic that would be proven false, since my desktop works fine with SWTOR, which would eliminate SWTOR as the problem.

ChosenWriter
06.20.2012 , 01:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DotFreelance View Post
And what if it's because several users have not, for example, updated the .net structure installed on their computers, or haven't downloaded and installed all of the service packs for windows? What if it's due to a common setting or software that interferes with network connectivity for a particular type of network flow?

Correlation DOES NOT equal causation. Just because a problem is happening to multiple people doesn't mean it's because the game is broken. First, that's incredibly ignorant of how computer systems work, and second by your by logic that would be proven false, since my desktop works fine with SWTOR, which would eliminate SWTOR as the problem.
Everything you've said is very true, however when all of that has been checked and it still hasn't fixed the problem what does that suggest? Is it impossible that it is a server-side issue? That perhaps for some reason it's affecting some users but not others? Something about coding for the server transfers? Perhaps a patch file was corrupt or didn't install properly for some users. I don't know, I'm just saying I'd like to see some suggestions other than "it has to be you", given that the only change that occurred (at least for me) before the problem started was the server transfers and that many of us experiencing this issue has walked through all the steps that have been provided, as big a pain in the arse as that's been, and it still hasn't corrected the issue. I'm not ignorant, I'm just frustrated, because I am well aware of all the possibilities that you continuously point out, I've checked them, and it still hasn't addressed the problem, and I still can't play the game I just paid another $15 for for more than ten minutes without getting disconnected.