Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please fix your own icon links

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
please fix your own icon links
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oredith
06.20.2012 , 09:28 AM | #1
every time you guys lock a thread, the forum listing looks like crap because the locked thread's icon is busted.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...d_dot_lock.png

pretty sure this is the one it's TRYING to find:

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/f...hread_lock.png

so, maybe get one of your unpaid interns to copy the thread_lock.png and make another copy called thread_dot_lock.png please.
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

oredith
06.20.2012 , 09:35 AM | #2
see http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=344 for example.

specifically: [The Harbinger] Stop Posting Recruitment threads which has been locked.
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
Tankie

Cerimon
06.20.2012 , 09:44 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings oredith,

What browser are you using? I tried Chrome, IE and FF and all displayed the icon without issue. Try deleting you browser cache and cookies and log in again to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

oredith
06.20.2012 , 09:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings oredith,

What browser are you using? I tried Chrome, IE and FF and all displayed the icon without issue. Try deleting you browser cache and cookies and log in again to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
i'm running chrome.

i have cleared my cache and history, though i don't think that's my problem, since i regularly clear that every week (work computer).

here's a screen shot of the page as i see it:

http://www.ikonique.com/Images/screen.jpg

I believe the problem is not the browser, but rather, the user access level. here's the message i get when i try to go to the link:

Quote:
Page Not Found
This page is not available. This may be because you do not have permission to access it or the page may not exist. If you feel you should not be receiving this error, please contact us.
as a Bioware csr, you may have access that the typical forum user does not, which results in you seeing it fine, but everyone else seeing a broken link.
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
Tankie

Ristle
06.20.2012 , 10:07 AM | #5
As a heads up, not having an issue with either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I don't run chrome, though.
"Use the force, Luke" - Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Council

Ronín : Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Recruitment Thread | Guild Website

oredith
06.20.2012 , 10:10 AM | #6
asked another friend/player, and they are seeing it fine too.

i guess it's just me. I guess i'll just deal with the giant broken link graphics. at least it makes it really really easy to spot the locked threads.
(╯°□°)╯┻━┻
Tankie

Cerimon
06.20.2012 , 10:11 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings oredith,

I have confirmed problem free display of the icon on a personal account. Please try another browser and let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DotFreelance
06.20.2012 , 12:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
asked another friend/player, and they are seeing it fine too.

i guess it's just me. I guess i'll just deal with the giant broken link graphics. at least it makes it really really easy to spot the locked threads.
Yeah, I'm also not getting it on any of my devices ( 4 computers on a mix of wireless and hardwired connections, plus an iPad ) with a mix of Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

I do have this sort of thing happen occasionally with different websites, seemingly at random, but it's usually resolved after force refreshing a few times, and/or clearing all temporary internet data.