Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KarrisThanor
12.18.2011 , 06:17 PM | #1
I have been struggling for a while now to change the entire game font size to larger than it is at default. It is way too small for me to see. I managed to adjust the chat font size, but everything else is super tiny. Help please

Pwny_Express
12.18.2011 , 08:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KarrisThanor View Post
I have been struggling for a while now to change the entire game font size to larger than it is at default. It is way too small for me to see. I managed to adjust the chat font size, but everything else is super tiny. Help please
I don't think you can right now other than changing your resolution, but hopefully it's a feature they will add as I can't read some of the smaller UI and tooltip texts either.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Better advice was never given.

Csvendsen
12.19.2011 , 09:44 AM | #3
I have problems playing the game, because my eyes strain so much, because of the text font being used. The blue luminescent light that make out the letters, makes my eye sight blurry and my eyes hurt after playing for a couple of minutes. I have never had this experience with any other game before...

I have perfect sight, so this really bothers me. Even now, after I have just logged out of the game, my eye sight remain a bit blurry and I find it hard to focus properly. It only happens when I play SWTOR.
Dont take life too serious, because you wont get outta it alive anyway . . .

ObiWanDouble
12.22.2011 , 12:40 AM | #4
Same problem here, I actually just started wearing glasses a few months ago because I couldn't make out the text in WoW. There's no way my eyesight went that bad that quick.

MillenniumPigeon
12.22.2011 , 03:28 PM | #5
How did you change the chat font size? I've actually been trying to make it smaller, but I couldn't find an option to do so.

Tapar
12.22.2011 , 08:27 PM | #6
I hate it when aliens talk, I can only BARELY see the text and it is driving me NUTS. I hope they get on this really fast and add some customization. I love the game otherwise but this is starting to impact my desire to play. Here's hoping something good happens!

DemonCal
12.24.2011 , 03:21 PM | #7
me too yo I have a 1360x768 and the text is super small and I dont want to get closer to the TV.

Sookster
12.24.2011 , 03:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
I don't think you can right now other than changing your resolution, but hopefully it's a feature they will add as I can't read some of the smaller UI and tooltip texts either.
Even going from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 the font stays small.

I need bigger fonts as well.

Toraak
12.24.2011 , 03:41 PM | #9
I have put my resolution to 800x 600 for the game like I usually have my monitor set to so things aren't as small, and the text doesn't change based on resolution. It only makes it a little less fuzzy having at a higher resolution. I hope they change this a well, being forced to use a magnifying glass on a lot of text is taking away from my normal pace I play at, and is becoming very frustrating.
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

Zixt
12.24.2011 , 03:56 PM | #10
/agree

Need a UI Scale Option.