Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Adv. Proto type vs pvp

DinesenDK's Avatar


DinesenDK
12.17.2011 , 12:15 PM | #1
How do you guys earn medals with this build??

im mid 20ish.... any tricks?? It is way easier with ion cylinder since you cant use guard with the heat cylinder.

help please... and thanks in advance.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Team Easy On - Twoclip lvl 55 Trooper - Vanguard.
"Get em!" - Twoclip.

Extremite's Avatar


Extremite
12.17.2011 , 01:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DinesenDK View Post
How do you guys earn medals with this build??

im mid 20ish.... any tricks?? It is way easier with ion cylinder since you cant use guard with the heat cylinder.

help please... and thanks in advance.
At level 16 I had a Huttball game where I ended up with 203k damage done, 7 medals, 54 kills, 6 deaths and 40k defense points from guarding teammates. That was specced into AP but using the Ion cylinder so that I could keep Guard on carriers or healers.

DinesenDK's Avatar


DinesenDK
12.17.2011 , 04:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Extremite View Post
At level 16 I had a Huttball game where I ended up with 203k damage done, 7 medals, 54 kills, 6 deaths and 40k defense points from guarding teammates. That was specced into AP but using the Ion cylinder so that I could keep Guard on carriers or healers.
Thanks,

I already stated that, I was looking for tricks on how to be efficient with the Heat Cylinder in WZs at lvl 25-30. Anyone with tricks to share out there??

As it is I feel the Cylinders are fairly unbalanced since ion cylindeer boost damagereduction and has more damage then the heat cylinder...

anyone??
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Team Easy On - Twoclip lvl 55 Trooper - Vanguard.
"Get em!" - Twoclip.

The_Stig's Avatar


The_Stig
12.17.2011 , 05:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DinesenDK View Post
Thanks,

I already stated that, I was looking for tricks on how to be efficient with the Heat Cylinder in WZs at lvl 25-30. Anyone with tricks to share out there??

As it is I feel the Cylinders are fairly unbalanced since ion cylindeer boost damagereduction and has more damage then the heat cylinder...

anyone??
You don't want to use IGC, you lose the guard medals simple. You want to do damage and get medals through that, you go mercenary. As PT you get 4 medals from guard. Without guard you can get:

-killing blow.
-10 enemies.
-25 enemies.
-75k damage.
-2.5k single hit.
-1k objective points.
-solo kill.
-3k objective points.
$$$$$$
$$$ CAESARUS$$$

$$$ UNDISPUTED $$$
$$$PORT NOWHERE$$$

Fergulete's Avatar


Fergulete
12.17.2011 , 06:37 PM | #5
oops xD

DinesenDK's Avatar


DinesenDK
12.18.2011 , 03:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fergulete View Post
oops xD
?????
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Team Easy On - Twoclip lvl 55 Trooper - Vanguard.
"Get em!" - Twoclip.

DinesenDK's Avatar


DinesenDK
12.18.2011 , 03:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
You don't want to use IGC, you lose the guard medals simple. You want to do damage and get medals through that, you go mercenary. As PT you get 4 medals from guard. Without guard you can get:

-killing blow.
-10 enemies.
-25 enemies.
-75k damage.
-2.5k single hit.
-1k objective points.
-solo kill.
-3k objective points.
I get that, but the IGC setup can get thsoe as well..??? And no I don't want to go mer, I was asking for help ontricks and ideas to get medals as a Adv. PT, thats all.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Team Easy On - Twoclip lvl 55 Trooper - Vanguard.
"Get em!" - Twoclip.

The_Stig's Avatar


The_Stig
12.18.2011 , 04:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DinesenDK View Post
I get that, but the IGC setup can get thsoe as well..??? And no I don't want to go mer, I was asking for help ontricks and ideas to get medals as a Adv. PT, thats all.
No tricks or tips. You just lose out on the guard medals when not taking IGC.
$$$$$$
$$$ CAESARUS$$$

$$$ UNDISPUTED $$$
$$$PORT NOWHERE$$$

mraughh's Avatar


mraughh
12.18.2011 , 06:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DinesenDK View Post
Thanks,

I already stated that, I was looking for tricks on how to be efficient with the Heat Cylinder in WZs at lvl 25-30. Anyone with tricks to share out there??

As it is I feel the Cylinders are fairly unbalanced since ion cylindeer boost damagereduction and has more damage then the heat cylinder...

anyone??
Frankly, your best bet is to learn the medal award conditions and shoot for those, I play a pyrotech lvl 17 now, and do quite well. If theres a dedicated healer in a match I'll swap to tank mode and guard them. (1st time playing a powertech, but i've played a merc in beta and other classes so this is a learning experience for me also)

So off the top of my head for the commendations for us, 1 on 1 kill, damage awards, # of kills awards, defense award (alderaan) can net you at least 4 medals in a match and on a good match with an efficient team you can pull 8+ medals. (EDIT just saw the post above listing the medals, study that list)

DoTs are very subtle and a good dps rotation will net you good numbers and medals at the end of the match.