Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is Esseles hardmode so much harder than Black Talon hardmode?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why is Esseles hardmode so much harder than Black Talon hardmode?

makjulos's Avatar


makjulos
06.18.2012 , 02:09 PM | #11
Because webels deserve a good spanking, as usual.

Sentinels of New Dawn est. 2006 SWG Europe-Chimaera

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
06.18.2012 , 02:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by makjulos View Post
Because webels deserve a good spanking, as usual.

Say what you like, but you shall not defeat us! Remember: webels may wobble, but they don't fall down.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
06.18.2012 , 03:17 PM | #13
Because BW had trouble balancing things. There I said the truth (please don't hit me with the mod hammer)

On a related topic, they've admitted there was an issue and I just did HM Esseles in a 2-man on the PTS, so clearly he was A LOT easier. So I guess Esseles HM will be the same as HM BT once 1.3 is enacted.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Nolenthar's Avatar


Nolenthar
06.18.2012 , 11:53 PM | #14
It's seriously over-estimation. Esseless hard mode, like most of the other hard modes in this game (minus Lost Island) can easily be achieved with a 4-Man group as long as you pay a bit of attention to the mechanic.

If Headshot is interrupted, and if the missiles salvo is not hitting all the dps, there is a lot of room to do this Hard mode in Daily mods-gear, which is how it should be.

We've been 2-manning Esseless HM (with a mix of Columi/Rakata), and many others have. Asking for all encounters to be under-tuned will quickly make them boring and will eventually hurt the player base a lot, which we don't need.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

Freeborne's Avatar


Freeborne
06.19.2012 , 07:38 AM | #15
Like any fight with an interrupt mechanic required, you're increasing the change of failure for each commando you bring along. That's what frustrates me. If I go into HM Esseles as a rakata geared commando to help a guildie...there's *still* nothing I can do to help insure they survive this fight aside DPSing. (You might argue "off heal", but the healing is paltry compared to the headshot damage.)
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Mezla's Avatar


Mezla
06.20.2012 , 12:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolenthar View Post
It's seriously over-estimation. Esseless hard mode, like most of the other hard modes in this game (minus Lost Island) can easily be achieved with a 4-Man group as long as you pay a bit of attention to the mechanic.

If Headshot is interrupted, and if the missiles salvo is not hitting all the dps, there is a lot of room to do this Hard mode in Daily mods-gear, which is how it should be.

We've been 2-manning Esseless HM (with a mix of Columi/Rakata), and many others have. Asking for all encounters to be under-tuned will quickly make them boring and will eventually hurt the player base a lot, which we don't need.
That is simply not true. Even without the headshotz all his abilities hit for 6k+ on a geared tank. Fresh 50 tanks get GCDed.

Nolenthar's Avatar


Nolenthar
06.20.2012 , 03:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mezla View Post
That is simply not true. Even without the headshotz all his abilities hit for 6k+ on a geared tank. Fresh 50 tanks get GCDed.
Flurry of bolts hit hard, yes, for up to 6K not absorbed, but all level 50 tanks spec have defensive abilities, and should have Daily mods on orange gear. It's even how Bioware describes the progression curve at level 50. First get some gear from daily, start the easier HM, and then jump to harder ones till you're ready for stuff like LI HM.

It would make no sense what so ever if you could just go and farm all hard modes in level 45 green gear, which is eventually what will happen if people continues whining because "omg that's too hard".

I've seen Ironfist being tanked by dps countless of times, and I've myself tanked him as a dps. You just need to know when the burst will happen, use your defensive CD, and hence and repeat. It's an harder fight than T5 I won't deny, but my point is that it's called hard mode for a reason, and certainly not to be farmed in green gear.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

Sjuvat's Avatar


Sjuvat
07.01.2012 , 07:18 AM | #18
i played for the first time as a healer with a group that had no problem, but we got wiped over and over on the last boss. any ideas on why he was one shot killing us over and over?

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
07.01.2012 , 07:22 AM | #19
Well, it is HARD mode... Ha ha, kidding. Now, in all seriousness, Taral V hard mode is more of the mirror for BT HM. that should help.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Sjuvat's Avatar


Sjuvat
07.01.2012 , 07:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Well, it is HARD mode... Ha ha, kidding. Now, in all seriousness, Taral V hard mode is more of the mirror for BT HM. that should help.
Well thanks so much for your thoughtful helpful response!! Maybe someone else has some wisdom about the mechanics on the last boss?