Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic at E3 2012!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZirusZero
06.18.2012 , 06:55 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
[*]One new Warzone and yet no world PvP at all.
[/LIST]
There is no world PvP because the community does not seek it out. If you want to spark some world PvP, start camping in an enemy heroic area or make an ops group to go raid an enemy base.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

dfolz
06.18.2012 , 07:17 PM | #22
Did anyone see that cathar is going to be a new species

Nyoro
06.18.2012 , 07:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
There is no world PvP because the community does not seek it out. If you want to spark some world PvP, start camping in an enemy heroic area or make an ops group to go raid an enemy base.
True it takes 2 willing players to engage in PvP combat, however the game needs to have more incentives for players to do so and areas, events +more dedicated to it.

Given the StarWars universe, there's so many interesting ways that BioWare could implement player versus player content like cantina brawls, space battles or even just open PvP areas on the planets with control points.
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

JeramieCrowe
06.18.2012 , 08:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
“The future of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is incredibly bright”, according to Electronic Gaming Monthly, but they aren’t the only ones raving about the future of the galaxy far, far away. This year’s E3 in Los Angeles was an incredible experience, and everyone who saw the behind-closed-doors preview of upcoming content walked away impressed. Numerous gaming sites praised the content coming to The Old Republic, including GameTrailers, PC Gamer, and Shack News, and IGN even nominated the game for their “Best MMO of Show” E3 award!

Read More
Greatly looking forward to the new stuff, and the fact that what was shown was only a "small portion" of what's to come, makes me even more excited!

Keep up the good work!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Deewe
06.18.2012 , 08:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Well seems not like it or should I say most intelligent PvP players left long time ago to other horizons...
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Kraith
06.18.2012 , 09:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryofo View Post
Yep, they should fell good about being nominated now because I doubt they will even be at next years E3.
Lol, thats all I can do in reference to you post.....

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 09:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
True it takes 2 willing players to engage in PvP combat, however the game needs to have more incentives for players to do so and areas, events +more dedicated to it.

Given the StarWars universe, there's so many interesting ways that BioWare could implement player versus player content like cantina brawls, space battles or even just open PvP areas on the planets with control points.
The incentive for people doing open world pvp IS open world pvp, there are areas for it, the den and and every other area in the world not blocked off to one faction or the other. Its the pvp community that either make or break open world pvp on its own community.

If you need a shiney to make you do open world pvp then your doing it for reward and not for openworld pvp. Bioware gave the tools once and players used it 1st as a pve excersices and mainly ignored the other side, then they started trading kills and then one side go to big for the other and ended up being ganked to the point where a bug hit and gravecamping started.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

JeramieCrowe
06.18.2012 , 09:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
The incentive for people doing open world pvp IS open world pvp, there are areas for it, the den and and every other area in the world not blocked off to one faction or the other. Its the pvp community that either make or break open world pvp on its own community.

If you need a shiney to make you do open world pvp then your doing it for reward and not for openworld pvp.
Personally, I'm saddened that these new PvPers no longer PvP to PvP. I still think the worst mistake in MMO history was to start offering rewards for PvPing. Now no one will do it unless they get a shiney for doing it.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 09:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Personally, I'm saddened that these new PvPers no longer PvP to PvP. I still think the worst mistake in MMO history was to start offering rewards for PvPing. Now no one will do it unless they get a shiney for doing it.
Agree, i used todo tauren mill and spent hours doing it, and even hours in AV back in the day when you got the rides out and the world boss's before it became a sprint passed each other and grab the flags 1st. It used tobe done because it was fun and a challange.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

AidanLightwalker
06.18.2012 , 09:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Veerlo View Post
Keep up the good work been here since the game was announced and I'm not going anywhere :-) can't wait to see this.game in 5 years and look back and all that's been done!
Couldn't have said it better! Great job guys!
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage