Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do the sugesstion threads matter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do the sugesstion threads matter?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cool-dude
06.18.2012 , 03:32 AM | #1
There are literally hundreds of posts in the suggestion section of the forum, and I have a feeling nobody from the SWTOR development team looks at them. I think feedback from the test servers get attention, but not the suggestion section. If I am right, does that mean the suggestion section is useless?
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

_Liquid_
06.18.2012 , 03:40 AM | #2
Nope. It is just there to make you feel better.

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.18.2012 , 03:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
does that mean the suggestion section is useless?
^^this

AllisonBerryman
06.18.2012 , 03:00 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
There are literally hundreds of posts in the suggestion section of the forum, and I have a feeling nobody from the SWTOR development team looks at them. I think feedback from the test servers get attention, but not the suggestion section. If I am right, does that mean the suggestion section is useless?
Far from it! We do read the suggestions forum frequently to get a better idea of what players are asking for! We're not often able to comment about what might be coming in the future (and suggestions, by their nature, are mostly related to future content), which means we may post less in suggestion threads. However, we are definitely always reading it and the other forums to get information about what players want!

DjSnazzyduds
06.18.2012 , 03:04 PM | #5
They're called the Suggestion Forums for a reason. To discuss cool ideas in the CHANCE that they will be implemented into the game. It's like making a wish. Just because you think your idea is amazing doesn't mean it'll be implemented. The forums are there for ideas, not certainties.
The Vodka Legacy
Absolut 50 Sorcerer | Greygoose 25 Sniper | Goldschläger 20 Powertech | Stolichnaya 30 Juggernaut

Ryofo
06.18.2012 , 03:09 PM | #6
You'd think feedback from the pts would get attention, but sadly this is rarely the case.

MasterKayote
06.18.2012 , 03:13 PM | #7
They may take a suggestion and implement it but I read somewhere a while back that they dont post there because then the OP can claim to some monetary compensation if Bioware implements his/her idea(s) and has proof that Bioware might have taken that idea from him.

Player: "You guys should implement this into the game, I think it would be great!"
AllissonBerryman: Great idea! Ill forward this to James Ohlen right away!"

6 months later...

Lawyer: My client is demanding $10,000 compensation for his idea which you implemented on the latest patch of the game, which we have proof you took on this day."

/shrug ... makes sense to me.

Kourage
06.18.2012 , 03:14 PM | #8
Of course they read each and every one of them!
And I come to a complete stop at all stop signs and red lights, and never speed. Least, that's what I'd tell my insurance company.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

replevlin
06.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #9
It doesnt seem so. From early development on, there was a general refusal to listen to the playerbase. I suspect the game might be in better shape now if some of the suggestions had not been ignored

Lord_Ravenhurst
06.18.2012 , 03:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
Of course they read each and every one of them!
And I come to a complete stop at all stop signs and red lights, and never speed. Least, that's what I'd tell my insurance company.
guess they must have discussed the 17.000 threads and over 120.000 posts in the suggestion box in a 12 hour internal expansion update meeting...