Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

Nakemi
12.18.2011 , 03:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Princess_Chibi View Post
The EXP to level multiplier needs to be increased by 5.0x. It needs to take at least five times longer than it currently does to make next level. As-is, I'm halfway there and I'm not really happy about it. I'm enjoying the game immensely, but it's also "half-over" if we're going by level. I'm going to miss that level-up graphic at 50. Hopefully they planned ahead and the game will max at level 300 after several expansion packs and such.
If you multiply it by 5 where does the extra content come from? People would not like grinding womp rats for hours on end because they are not high enough to continue their story. Yet to add more story based content (the heart and soul of SWTOR) would have delayed the launch by any number of months.
So what do you want them to do?
We be Smuggling

klaarzaken
12.18.2011 , 03:09 PM | #12
I wouldn't hate it if I had to grind a little bit more

Altephor
12.18.2011 , 03:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Proinsias View Post
I agree with you in theory, but you have to remember that when WoW launched the hardcore MMO player-base wasn't as broad as it is now. The MMO-scene was basically an open canvas (Yes, yes, I know -- EQ. But WoW reached a broader audience), whereas now SWTOR is facing the challenge of keeping WoW veterans entertained (who are as good as professionally trained in consuming content). WoW also had the added bonus of making the top-tier virtually unreachable for the casual player, creating the illusion of endless content -- a design strategy most game companies seem to have moved away from.

This only applies to the WoW players who have picked up SW:ToR, obviously, and as someone stated they probably aren't the core of the target audience.
There were 'hardcore' MMOs long, long before WoW.

Jxspyder
12.18.2011 , 04:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
I don't want to know what kind of imaginary world you live in, but you're far, far away from reality.
So enlighten me. How exactly am I missing some video game reality?
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
McDonalds sells more burgers than The Cheesecake Factory - therefore McDonalds makes the better burger.

Methane
12.18.2011 , 04:47 PM | #15
Echo everyone else pointing out that not having much to do at endgame before actual launch is kinda sad. Yes there are people who have way more time to spend on this game then others. Those people are going to suffer a tad for not being able to fully do all the things that require a thriving lvl 50 community untill some portion of the player base catches up.

Also wanted to comment on a few points

Quote: Originally Posted by Kerraii View Post
The best gear MUST come from Flashpoints. Period. Chest, Legs, Feet, Head, Gloves, Arms, Weapons...every piece. This of course means Nightmare level being the top.

Dropped Purple Epic gear should be second as they should be Very Rare World drops.
Then World Boss level drops. ie if the World Boss is level 32 then that gear is tagged level 32
Then PvP, player level gear
Then Crafted Gear falls here. I say that because crafted gear , though it should be good, This includes the Orange moddable gear we are all getting at our levels. You have these at the right level. The crafted gear should never be higher then the others listed for their equal level.
Then of course comes the basic Blues and greens.
I would feel totally crappy if All of my crafting ability was only disposable mods and stims at endgame. I much prefer if each crafting skill has a few items that are very hard to make, yet top of the line gear. Otherwise crafting becomes a minor stepping stone and not very worth it in the long run.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kerraii View Post
PS. Where are all these people I see not able to play?
I see a max of 150, per Phase I assume, in a zone at a time. In Alderaan I saw a max of 28 people on the planet. That is a level 27-33 planet then higher later. This would mean there was maybe 50 players through out the day on the planet?

I see 150 on DK constantly, meaning a constant flow of players. yet I see no one.
The game feels empty of players and I worry this Phasing is going to be an issue with the MMO feel of the game when they get to level 40-50.
150 a Phase does not feel MMO nor Heroic for a MMO game.
Please keep an eye on Phasing for the games MMO feel later on.
Phasing is there to prevent the need for massive re-spawn rate and fighting over kills and gathering nodes. Bioware has said that phasing is needed in early zones to help with these issues and as competition for content goes down the player cap per phase will climb. Also another indication that you are leveling faster than everyone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Princess_Chibi View Post
The EXP to level multiplier needs to be increased by 5.0x. It needs to take at least five times longer than it currently does to make next level. As-is, I'm halfway there and I'm not really happy about it. I'm enjoying the game immensely, but it's also "half-over" if we're going by level. I'm going to miss that level-up graphic at 50. Hopefully they planned ahead and the game will max at level 300 after several expansion packs and such.
Personally my plan is to experience the story for all 8 classes. I fell the pace of leveling is well suited for this type of player who wants to "finish" their class story and then experience the world from the point of view of another class.

EvanSnowWolf
12.18.2011 , 04:56 PM | #16
The OP needs to chill the @@@@ out. Level 38 already? Your fault, your problem. All that content must have felt like a complete blur. If you are running operations before the first of the year then you missed the point. Hard.

SWTOR is not WoW with lightsabers. Stop acting like this is a WoW expansion and you are crying you hit the new level cap in 48 hours.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

ronnypp
12.18.2011 , 05:31 PM | #17
Bioware has already stated that if you're expecting a game with huge amounts of end game content this isn't the game for you. It's intended to be a game with some end game stuff, but its really focused on leveling different classes and enjoying the different story-lines.

Straza
12.18.2011 , 05:44 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ronnypp View Post
Bioware has already stated that if you're expecting a game with huge amounts of end game content this isn't the game for you. It's intended to be a game with some end game stuff, but its really focused on leveling different classes and enjoying the different story-lines.
Show me where any dev said this...ever

hrelas
12.18.2011 , 06:06 PM | #19
I only read the first point so I'll respond to that with another question:

Do you feel that a game's developers should create much more content solely because the players are playing through all the content in one go?

Someone playing a 10-20 hours a week while setting time aside to do other stuff will take significantly longer to level to the cap.

gorokan
12.18.2011 , 06:08 PM | #20
I hope none of OP's suggestions will get implemented, because that would basically destroy the game as it is now. And I enjoy the game in the current shape. OP, do you want any MMO be hardcore dungeon centered? Go back to WoW then.