Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Add Small Tooltip Window Scaling Please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Add Small Tooltip Window Scaling Please!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Buhzingha
06.18.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1
It seems you can scale almost all the windows in the game except the small tooltip window (the global ui scale doesn't even seem to apply to this window). It would be awesome if you would add the ability to scale the small tooltip window. I'm not talking about the LargeTooltip, I'm talking about the tooltip that appears when hovering over items, etc.

I actually played around with the XML file that defines the UI and was reloading it and somehow managed to make the tooltip window about 3-4x larger and it was WAY better! (I'm not sure how I accomplished this, it was probably a bug of some sort.) I could actually read the text in the tooltip, it was like a whole new game!

Please add this functionality! It would make us old geezers with aging eyesight very happy!

On a side note, it would also be nice to be able to scale the game map window (not the minimap, but the big map). When applying a global UI scale, if it's too large, some of the game map is not visible.

Thanks!

Beesodd
06.18.2012 , 07:46 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Buhzingha,

Thank you for the detailed feedback on the UI customisation. As you have encountered, by modifying the xml files manually, you can make changes that aren't integrated into the in-game UI customisation. However, when doing so, we advise that you make a backup beforehand, in case an error is made.

Please post suggestions and feedback in the Suggestion Box subforum.

Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Buhzingha
06.18.2012 , 08:19 AM | #3
OK, I'll start using the Suggestion Box forum for stuff like this, thanks!

Do I need to repost this in the Suggestion Box subform or are we all good?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Buhzingha,

Thank you for the detailed feedback on the UI customisation. As you have encountered, by modifying the xml files manually, you can make changes that aren't integrated into the in-game UI customisation. However, when doing so, we advise that you make a backup beforehand, in case an error is made.

Please post suggestions and feedback in the Suggestion Box subforum.

Thanks again.

Beesodd
06.18.2012 , 08:22 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Well your original message is pretty much spot-on, so copy & pasting that into a new Suggestion Box thread would be the way to go.

If you have any issues in-game or with getting the game to run, please don't hesitate to post here again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support