Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't buy social items

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wej-
06.17.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1
I have a character that has got up to level 6 social status. Screenshot: http://i50.tinypic.com/2nvt7ro.jpg . I tried to do a tutorial request that required me to have level 1 in order to buy some item and it wouldn't let me. I put in two tickets, and both times it was "escalated to our developers" and I never heard from anyone again. Today, I still can't buy social items, and it doesn't just affect that specific tutorial mission. I can't buy social items from any vendors anywhere. I was just browsing items from the Starship vendor on Corellia and all of the social items are greyed out. Screenshot: http://i47.tinypic.com/1z4zrkx.jpg

Is my character bugged somehow? Or does 6/10 not really mean I am level 6 in the social department?

KurganNazzir
06.17.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2
Sorry, but you are not Social I yet; you are 6 points out of 10 points into getting Social I. Your Social rank will be stated above the Social experience bar.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Beesodd
06.17.2012 , 01:40 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Wej,

From that screenshot it looks like you are at 6 out of 10 social points, and have not passed into level 1 social yet.

Have you participated in many group quests? You should receive one social point for every member of your group for each conversation, and 2 points if you win that conversation roll.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

HartshornNate
06.17.2012 , 01:40 PM | #4
It means you have 6 social points. To get the next level you need 10 social points. Then you will become Social Level 1 and can finish the tutorial. Getting to level 2 requires 750 I think. And it gets more rediculous from there if you don't regularly level with someone.

wej-
06.17.2012 , 06:50 PM | #5
OK that makes much more sense, I wish customer support could have told me that the first time I opened a ticket. I play a lot grouped, but not with this character. I am not sure how I made it to level 50 without know what that bar meant! That interface could be a lot clearer about what level I am. Will it show Rank 1 above the bar as soon as I reach that level? Or if not, where would it show it?

Beesodd
06.18.2012 , 06:06 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Yep, once you pass the initial 10 points, the bar will say "social 1" and it will display the remaining points until the next level when you mouseover.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.