Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for new Project animation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Idea for new Project animation

Dyvim
06.09.2012 , 09:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tissuemonster View Post
Yoda was also considered one of the orders greatest blademasters. His preferd form was Atrayu. Also, if oyu go by the RPG book, Yoda was a Jedi/Jedi Knight/Jedi Master. On top of all that, saber throw already exists in the game, in severl different ways, all belonging to the Jedi Knight
Jedi/Knight/Master sounds like progression. Yes, Yoda was skilled with a lightsaber...so was Sidious...how many jedi did he cut down, 4 v 1? 3 of 'em and handled himself pretty well against Windu. And sidious was clearly an equal to yoda with the saber. But no one is going to argue that sidious isnt the obvious inquisitor posterboy. So your argument is pretty much gone. In addition, for kotor purposes, which are still followed in this game, consulars used green sabers, knights blue. In the movies it wasnt that organized, but clearly Yoda was and has been the consular archetype for many games, etc.

Yes, saber throw exists in the game, it is a higher level skill for sentinels (cripplling throw, dispatch) and guardians. Consulars would start with it at level 1. Which would show the different emphasis between the classes. Also, many MANY players have complained about consular sabers basically being stat sticks (sages)...this is a valid gripe. A saberthrow would go along way to give that saber some more meaning and lore based, jedi feel utitlity.

But saber throw is only one of the suggestions that make more sense and have better in game implementation than junk chunking...
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

Ballisticbryan
06.14.2012 , 06:19 PM | #12
i know this is crazy but why don't they make it so the land that the enemy is standing on sundenly rips off the ground and pummels the player which in turn creates a 2 sec stun , which will be even with the force shock in terms of cast times...

shock - instant , damage dealt -instant

project - instant cast , damage dealt- 1.5 sec delay

What i want:

project - instant cast , damage dealt- 1.5 sec delay , plus a 1.5 sec stun
Server: Shadow Hand
50 Marauder- Ballistik | 25 Assassin -Psychotik | 27 Operative- Shaam wow
Server: The Bastion <Attrition>
50 Jedi Shadow - Fraener

Mastershroom
06.15.2012 , 11:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ballisticbryan View Post
i know this is crazy but why don't they make it so the land that the enemy is standing on sundenly rips off the ground and pummels the player which in turn creates a 2 sec stun , which will be even with the force shock in terms of cast times...

project - instant cast , damage dealt- 1.5 sec delay

What i want:

project - instant cast , damage dealt- 1.5 sec delay , plus a 1.5 sec stun
No, they don't need to make them more different.

Dyvim
06.15.2012 , 12:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mastershroom View Post
No, they don't need to make them more different.
Exactly...and adding a 1.5 sec stun to pvp..uh, no. Pure crazy talk.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

Alkiii
06.15.2012 , 03:12 PM | #15
For once Dyvim, I will agree with you. Saber Throw from a Consular would be a welcomed change to the current Project animation.

I like it!
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Sabbatine
06.17.2012 , 02:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Roxax View Post
From some test server videos, we've seen what they did with the project animation. I don't like it, I'll be honest. Instead of flinging junk like a monkey flings poop, why don't we show off some Force-style bling? I mean Inquisitors shoot lightning, a raw manifestation of the force, why can't Consulars shoot small spikes of pure force energy? Travelling the same speed as Shock, I feel it would look pretty damn cool.

Discuss. Or don't, it's your choice
Lightning isn't a raw manifestation of the force, it's a manifestation of the force we are capable of seeing and understanding.

The new project animation is great. Last time I checked we were fighting for our lives, survival should be what you are concerned with, not showing off force bling like a runway model.

As for why we don't shoot spiked of pure force energy, it's probably a lot easier for an inquisitor to create a path of least resistance between his hand and his target than it would be to manifest matter out of thin air. Pure energy doesn't really fit with the consular's damage theme anyways.

Project has a consular grabbing matter that already exists and using force power to throw it at the target very quickly. The new animation greatly increases the speed at which they do that which makes sense for the class because showing off in the middle of a fight is just about the stupidest thing you can do.

Inquisitors create energy as well as a path of least resistance to their target and then let natural laws guide their attack to the target. There's something to be said for efficiency.
"I cried when I was born and every day shows why."