Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Running on fumes

Kumakichi
06.17.2012 , 08:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurugi View Post
Wouldn't Benevolence run you OOF faster? It costs like 5 force less but casts 1 second faster. Seems a lot less efficient to me. From what I've read the only real use Benevolence has is if your target is low and won't survive long enough for a Deliverance to get off.
Your right. Spamming Benevolence will run you OOF quickly. Its better to use Deliverance as much as possible. And when someone is taking too much damage I like to give them a bubble. I find Benevolence too poor of a heal until later when talents can boost the crit. If it crits then is not such a bad spell.

JMarchini
06.17.2012 , 09:04 AM | #12
Right, sorry, I'm already at level 40, so my Benevolence crits consistently because I have the points talented to do so....

SeppukuA
06.17.2012 , 09:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurugi View Post
That's pretty much how I end up towards the end of a major boss fight in FPs and even during Heroic 4's. I'm only 17 so I'm guessing this gets better once I reach 20 and get Noble Sacrifice and Rejuvenate, but even then I don't see Noble Sacrifice being that amazing without the Resplendance talent which I won't be able to get till the mid-late 30s.

Granted, if there's no healing to be done I'm usually throwing out some damage, so I'm expending force then as well. Is this a mistake in group content? Is it better to just stand around waiting till healing needs to be done instead of "wasting" force on doing damage? I might be using Force Armor too liberally as well. I pretty much reapply it to the tank as often as I can, but it's quite expensive to use.

I really just wanted to know when I can expect to get a bit more healing longevity on my sage since our resources don't have the potential to maintain itself as well as other class' resources.
It gets better as you level. Noble Sacrifice is useful if you're mixing DPS & Healing, you'll get some more useful healing spells as your progress your Seer spec (like an insta-cast one), which should make up for lost health from Noble Sacrifice. I'd say later on, particularly for Ops, you're going to just be healing focused as generally there will be somebody who needs healing. Also try not to waste too much force in your rotations, put up force armour on people and you'll heal them less, once you get your AoE heal, that can be a big force saver when it comes to healing multiple people.

If you take a Telekinetics spec for DPS, you do get some more tools for keeping your force up. It's rare for me to use Noble Sacrifice and I can just spam attack after attack with the obvious draw back of not being very mobile.
The Liljasson Legacy
Wayward Star & We're Not Republic Spies (Correlia Run)
Saefinn - 50 Jedi Sage Healer. Asathor - 24 Gunslinger
Muspel - 44 Sith Juggernaut Tank. Apsu - 18 Mercenary Healer

Kumakichi
06.17.2012 , 12:30 PM | #14
I'm also noticing post-tranfers that the bottom of the skill base bucket fell out completely. People I grouped with pre-transfers seemed to at least somewhat know how to play there classes and they usually would respect a cc'd mob and focus fire down the right mob. This is the way to clear a FP quick and painlessly. Post-transfers the players dont know how to play there classes very well, the target cc'd mobs most of the time and they rarely if ever focus fire the main target. This leads to longer fights, damage spread across the entire group and much much slower FP runs. Maybe thats contributing somewhat to your force pool evaporating?