Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ellvaan
06.16.2012 , 05:12 AM | #71
Greetings everyone!

We are just posting a gentle reminder to please keep this on topic to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ versus other games, although we do understand the use of them in analogies. Additionally, please remember the topic of the thread is in regards to how Same Gender Romance Arcs will be implemented into the game versus discussion of if it should be or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid
Official statement follows:
Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.
Thank you and enjoy your discussion!

Rayla_Felana
06.16.2012 , 06:37 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Here we go again. We don't know what Jack's orientation is. She was once in a relationship with a couple (male/female couple). It ended in mutual betrayal. She is not available for female!Shepards to romance in either of her appearances in the Mass Effect series. Please don't say she's bisexual as if it is fact, because it is not.
She had a blatant attraction to a female in her 'school' if you bother to look hard enough in ME3.

Zandilar
06.16.2012 , 07:05 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
She had a blatant attraction to a female in her 'school' if you bother to look hard enough in ME3.
Hmm... I don't remember that, and I do have a fine tuned sense of subtext. Guess I'm going to have to load up ME3 again and see what I missed.

The point remains, though. She is not a bisexual LI. On your list, she is the only one who could not be romanced by the same gender PC in the game in which she appears.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Rayla_Felana
06.16.2012 , 07:18 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Hmm... I don't remember that, and I do have a fine tuned sense of subtext. Guess I'm going to have to load up ME3 again and see what I missed.

The point remains, though. She is not a bisexual LI. On your list, she is the only one who could not be romanced by the same gender PC in the game in which she appears.
She only says it when you play Male Shepard and do the renegade romance with her, it is kind of her saying 'You're an ***, I hate you, now I have a GF, ****!"or if you side with Miranda in ME2.

True enough I wasn't exactly counting the actual SGRAs in the games, more of the Bi/Les/Gay characters I could remember.

PTElder
06.16.2012 , 11:05 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellvaan View Post
Greetings everyone!

We are just posting a gentle reminder to please keep this on topic to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ versus other games, although we do understand the use of them in analogies. Additionally, please remember the topic of the thread is in regards to how Same Gender Romance Arcs will be implemented into the game versus discussion of if it should be or not.

Thank you and enjoy your discussion!
So is this a warning not to discuss when and whether or not Same Gender Romance Arcs will be implemented?

FaithWhisper
06.16.2012 , 11:38 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by PTElder View Post
So is this a warning not to discuss when and whether or not Same Gender Romance Arcs will be implemented?
Yes!

And back to the topic.
I actually don't believe 1.4 is the big story patch, where we'll see SGR and I'm ok with that. (shhh I didn't say this <----- )
All I care about is, that they do it right (add to existing companions - even max lvl) and that Mako is one of them
I wish it would be as simple as an extra companion quest, which will open up for all the romance questions. (ok, they might be coming as fast as a speeding bullet, but still lol)

Oh and hi from a long time lurker :P
( ████ Game Boomers ████ )

MusedMoose
06.16.2012 , 03:14 PM | #77
I think "when" is fine, but "whether or not" isn't. Lots of the people who cause trouble in the thread are ones who say SGRs will never be implemented. But we've been discussing "when" since the first thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by FaithWhisper View Post
I actually don't believe 1.4 is the big story patch, where we'll see SGR and I'm ok with that. (shhh I didn't say this <----- )
All I care about is, that they do it right (add to existing companions - even max lvl) and that Mako is one of them
I wish it would be as simple as an extra companion quest, which will open up for all the romance questions. (ok, they might be coming as fast as a speeding bullet, but still lol)

Oh and hi from a long time lurker :P
Welcome to the thread.

There was supposedly some news a while back saying that 1.4 was going to have a lot to do with companions, but it was quickly pulled from news sites; I never saw it myself but other thread regulars said they did. Either way, we'll probably find out soon. I'm guessing 1.3 will come out in late June or early July, which usually means we'll start hearing about the next patch not too long after that.

And yeah, I'm also hoping it'll just be some sudden new companion quests for SGR-ready companions. Also: totally with you on Mako.

PTElder
06.16.2012 , 03:45 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I think "when" is fine, but "whether or not" isn't. Lots of the people who cause trouble in the thread are ones who say SGRs will never be implemented. But we've been discussing "when" since the first thread.
Fair enough. Now that I think about it, it seems silly to pay a monthly subscription for a game and then complain it doesn't have the features you want. I knew when I bought it that same sex romance wasn't on the disc. I'd argue that BioWare's statements about adding them after launch were somewhat misleading, but that's more a case of caveat emptor than anything else I guess.

I'm going to go find find somebody who actually wants my entertainment dollars. I honestly wish you all luck.

ProfessorCaprion
06.16.2012 , 03:46 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellvaan View Post
Greetings everyone!

Actually... I have a feeling the main gist of that post may have been to stop all the Mass Effect discussion. Not all of us are Mass Effect players, after all.

Mistress_Ivi
06.16.2012 , 08:17 PM | #80
Way I see it, all but a handful of the companions would not be able to pull off a same gender relation.

Vette for example, although I'd love to see, seems to be the type who'll never taste the sweet sugar lips of another vixen - whereas Elara Dorne could easily pull off being a Dyke.

I'm looking forward to the same gender relations, not to mention all the content coming for companions... after completely finishing my trooper... it became kinda boring.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!