Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor f2p?!?!

Dregamoore
06.16.2012 , 03:17 PM | #1
ok so ill make this short and sweet... im mad, very very mad. if f2p comes to tor i will hands down leave an go back to playing WoW. I have been a dedicated player/subscriber since before launch, and wht will the players get in return for sinking all of our money into this game... not a thing. i promise the devs that i will take myself an my whole guild back to WoW and pay for their 100+ dollars in software just to play a paid for game.
bioware, here is a tip. get off your asses, stop being lazy, stop whining u have a job to do and content to provide us and do your jobs. if the community wasnt being dicked around for months with promises of this an that which never happend we wouldnt be ************.. get to work or i predict this game will go down fast.. f2p or not

Dregamoore
06.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #2
ive got to add, i love this game, its different, its not WoW, and i enjoy sinking my money an hours of my life into this game. but f2p.... not impressive at all

arniebanzon
06.16.2012 , 04:09 PM | #3
If they do want to make it free to play we can petition that they make a seperate server for f2p players (morons) just so swtor now won't change. that's what i would suggest

Eillack
06.16.2012 , 04:23 PM | #4
LIMITED TIME....F2P up to level 15...after a level cap raise too....
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Sonovsam
06.16.2012 , 05:11 PM | #5
What exactly is your gripe with F2P?
How is it in any way an insult to those of us that have been playing the game since launch?
How does it diminish your gaming experience?

F2P isn't the end of the game, it simply signifies that BW/EA thinks they can get a higher revenue stream through an alternate means, most likely micro transactions and pay to unlock future content. If new content is released every 3 months, you actually end up paying less in the long run. Instead of paying $45 over that 3 months, you pay $10-20 to get the new content patch.

As long as BW can maintain a content release schedule to keep players interested, it could mean more content arriving at quicker pace.

Drakinor
06.16.2012 , 05:39 PM | #6
I agree completely if it goes f2p I will not play it. I wont go back to wow EVER again but I may return to EVE or RIFT or find something else.
"The commander stands for virtues of wisdom, sincerity, benevolence, courage, and strictness" Sun Tzu

Drakinor
06.16.2012 , 05:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonovsam View Post
What exactly is your gripe with F2P?
How is it in any way an insult to those of us that have been playing the game since launch?
How does it diminish your gaming experience?

F2P isn't the end of the game, it simply signifies that BW/EA thinks they can get a higher revenue stream through an alternate means, most likely micro transactions and pay to unlock future content. If new content is released every 3 months, you actually end up paying less in the long run. Instead of paying $45 over that 3 months, you pay $10-20 to get the new content patch.

As long as BW can maintain a content release schedule to keep players interested, it could mean more content arriving at quicker pace.
Have you looked at the difference between f2p and p2p games? I mean REALLY looked. f2p translates to either pay to win, or we will nickel and dime the **** out of you to get what you would already have on a p2p, or the quality of the game deteriorates exponentially. F2P players already have numerous games, most of the players here avoid those games for a reason and will leave if it goes to that model. I can assure you they will NO maintain anything close to the numbers they have now if the change to f2p
"The commander stands for virtues of wisdom, sincerity, benevolence, courage, and strictness" Sun Tzu

Revan-the-knight
06.16.2012 , 05:42 PM | #8
Chill, FTP until lvl 15 is Industry Standard nowadays and good for Business, brings in alot of new Hopeful Players and gives us Community Figures a chance to make them stay, Full FTP isnt in their thought right now, EA wouldnt allow it, And it wouldnt fit well with SWTOR
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

CaptRavenous
06.16.2012 , 05:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
LIMITED TIME....F2P up to level 15...after a level cap raise too....
This.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

denpic
06.16.2012 , 05:48 PM | #10
Guys it's not going f2p it 1-15 game demo relax