Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~ TOR - More Fun than a Kick in the N####? Barely ! ~

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
~ TOR - More Fun than a Kick in the N####? Barely ! ~

Verdan
12.18.2011 , 04:33 PM | #1
Spent about 4 hours last night on flashpoints, and another 5 today on Heroics.

Specifically, Hammer, Athiss, and Balmorra's Okara Droid Factory heroics.

Specifically, more wipes than there should be, levels over the quest level overall in group, and hours upon hours of seemingly working the rock pile in prison, just pounding OP mobs that stand there like rocks and take hit after hit after hit after hit... like hitting rocks all day.

This is nothing new from the roller coaster of mob difficulty adjustments in testing, and was supposed to have been remedied. We're now in the Live production, and we're still dealing with content that requires pounding on hallway trash that stands there for 15 minutes taking a beating, and we're supposed to be heros. 4 players vs a hallway mob or two or three.

This is not heroic gameplay, its mind-numbing grind.

Boooooo, Bioware. Boooooo. I'll never get those two days back, trying to shake off overt feelings of bad gaming...

EvanSnowWolf
12.18.2011 , 04:38 PM | #2
Umadsir?
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Nakemi
12.18.2011 , 04:42 PM | #3
Hmm, fair challenge = broken it seems.
We be Smuggling

Verdan
12.18.2011 , 05:04 PM | #4
Hmmm troll the valid feedback that was common through testing = no brains it seems. My cat could contribute better than the usual trite replies, whoohoo, bravo. We should all have a 6-sided dice of trite replies for the lame commentary to replace the vacuum of thought provided by forums trolls.

Oh, but thanks for the bumps.

EvanSnowWolf
12.18.2011 , 05:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
Hmmm troll the valid feedback that was common through testing = no brains it seems. My cat could contribute the usual trite replies. We should all have a 6-sided dice for the lame commentary by forums trolls.
You confuse lack of brains with lack of caring.

This wasn't some special feedback thread. You just come off as impatient.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Morgha
12.18.2011 , 05:57 PM | #6
I definitely noticed some absurdity in Athiss. The first 2/3rds the the instance is a total joke, then all of a sudden single mobs take forever to kill and the caster ones are painful too.

Slicing through entire packs with ease transitions to 1 mob taking forever. Pretty whack.
Killer: 73% | Achiever: 60% | Socializer: 40% | Explorer: 27%

SevTrando
12.18.2011 , 06:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
Umadsir?
You have learned well, my apprentice.
My Lastest piece.
"Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj" - Before I go, you will all burn.
Troopertroll. Umadsir?

DarkMagik
12.18.2011 , 06:34 PM | #8
You probably need some add ons

Ashorian
12.18.2011 , 06:41 PM | #9
unfortunately this is a case of pebcak. doing the quests at or slightly below level with appropriate members and number of members is not that difficult. did hammer station at level and wiped twice on the last boss healing on my dps specced operative.

hi

Vandaman
12.18.2011 , 06:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
Spent about 4 hours last night on flashpoints, and another 5 today on Heroics.

Specifically, Hammer, Athiss, and Balmorra's Okara Droid Factory heroics.

Specifically, more wipes than there should be, levels over the quest level overall in group, and hours upon hours of seemingly working the rock pile in prison, just pounding OP mobs that stand there like rocks and take hit after hit after hit after hit... like hitting rocks all day.

This is nothing new from the roller coaster of mob difficulty adjustments in testing, and was supposed to have been remedied. We're now in the Live production, and we're still dealing with content that requires pounding on hallway trash that stands there for 15 minutes taking a beating, and we're supposed to be heros. 4 players vs a hallway mob or two or three.

This is not heroic gameplay, its mind-numbing grind.

Boooooo, Bioware. Boooooo. I'll never get those two days back, trying to shake off overt feelings of bad gaming...
I have completed everything you say is far too hard.. Maybe you should L2P etc...