Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 15th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nezyrworks
06.16.2012 , 07:11 AM | #21
I know i know it might be unimportant but:

Are we going to see a payable of free feature that will help us change the body type?
Meet the Pyro!

Deewe
06.16.2012 , 10:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ZORG View Post
They could just increase the damage and mitigation of the team that is short handed. The BOLSTER buff could dynamicly adjust depending on how many people are on each team...
On paper it would work but not in game as it would be very difficult to know how much to incease the DPS/healing output.
Then it would need all teams to adapt to a new game play during that time as 1 opponent could mean much more than what a "standard" character HP, DPS, healing should have.

Also you'd have to inform all players that the ratio changed and to how much ==> a bit mess!

RaithHarth
06.16.2012 , 11:36 AM | #23
Is there a plan to change in-game USERNAMES and LEGACY NAMES in the near future? Since the transfers there has been alot of upset players over the conflict that forced many of us to change because of your one name per server policy which has caused a major rift with many players to unsub because many felt bioware handled this poorly.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

Darkgrace
06.16.2012 , 11:57 AM | #24
Just wanted to point out that the less ELO loss for the team with a dropped member is a terrible idea. Its way to easy too exploit. "oh man we're gonna lose, quick 7 of you unplug your router so we don't lose rating"

If you want to provide a measure to mitigate these situations, you need to do it right. Take a snapshot of group members upon queueing and/or entering the BG. Only those members can be in the BG. If one disconnects, then the warzone lets him rejoin after say 90 seconds. The 90 second delay is needed so that people don't try to exploit the system to quickly run back to base or full heal and re-join right away type thing. Its also a short enough to delay to not necesarily be a game ender, and provides for a better option than not being able to rejoin for the next 10 min when the game has ended

JeramieCrowe
06.16.2012 , 12:31 PM | #25
Perhaps we're looking at this from the wrong direction? How many times are people legitimately "losing connection"? Maybe it's actually behavior rather than faulty equipment. Thus, stiffer penalties need to be incurred to curb that behavior.

Just offering a different tack, here, don't flame me.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

HeavensAgent
06.16.2012 , 01:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
It is a choice. You can choose not to get the companion. You can also choose to play a light side imp. Or 4, as in my case. You're not being "forced" to do anything but complete the storyline, and if there's an aspect of the story that requires cross-faction cooperation, then it certainly wouldnt be the first time that happened in the star wars universe.
The real problem is the case of those with their eight character slots already filled by character from a single faction. They're denied the pet due to its designed implementation, and there's nothing they can do to change that other than delete a character and roll something else. That's fairly messed up.

Additional character slots need to be added at the time the new companion is pushed live in order to avoid such situations.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

JeramieCrowe
06.16.2012 , 01:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
The real problem is the case of those with their eight character slots already filled by character from a single faction. They're denied the pet due to its designed implementation, and there's nothing they can do to change that other than delete a character and roll something else. That's fairly messed up.

Additional character slots need to be added at the time the new companion is pushed live in order to avoid such situations.
There is some indication that more character slots will be here before HK-51. By the sounds of the comments from devs on the topic, it sounds like they're moving right along with it.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

HeavensAgent
06.16.2012 , 01:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
There is some indication that more character slots will be here before HK-51. By the sounds of the comments from devs on the topic, it sounds like they're moving right along with it.
Do you have any sources you could link? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't seen anything on the topic in some time.
Del'lantam Trooper of Alpha Company, 203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Blaac
06.16.2012 , 01:48 PM | #29
I am disappointed that BW had decided to answer the same question twice in the few Q&A posts they have made (the threat question has already been answered in almost an identical fashion).

I also hop BW will open new character slots for HK... I have spent a lot of time levelling the characters I already have, and shouldn't be forced to delete them for this. Time sync I can understand, but forced money/time waste I don't.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

JeramieCrowe
06.16.2012 , 02:34 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
Do you have any sources you could link? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't seen anything on the topic in some time.
Just the same old comment in the Q&As on this and Georg Zoeller's comment. As well as Damion's. Comments we've all seen before.