Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting Feedback on my Specs - FPS Issue

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Getting Feedback on my Specs - FPS Issue

Tactical_Error
12.18.2011 , 02:56 PM | #1
This seems to be the "in thing" for posters to make right now so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've tried a few things to raise my FPS in-game, using the Republic Fleet cantina as a testing ground (which gives me an average of like 9 fps): I've updated drivers, I've turned off v-sync, anti-aliasing, anti-otropic, I've put image settings on performance over quality, I've lowered the in-game graphics settings, I've heightened them, I've changed resolution to 800x600 (this gets me like 40 fps in the loading screen, but nothing new in the cantina) but had to change it back because it just looks awful. At least I'm no longer experiencing lag spikes on top of this issue after cleaning out my computer and keeping my graphics card cooled.

Anyways, I'm tired of the cat and mouse game, so here is my dxdiag. Maybe someone like a mod or a more knowledgable player will notice that I haven't been up to spec all along and I missed it? Otherwise it's probably something to do with the game itself, given all the other complaints, and I'll just have to sit on my hands (can still play in other areas without it being too crippling) until the problem is fixed.

Spoiler

Tactical_Error
12.18.2011 , 04:23 PM | #2
Bump from page 8.

I've recently tried running System Requirements Lab and it says my video card fails the test, but the minimum requirement is a GeForce 7800 and I've got a 9100 so I don't know how to use that information.

iRob
12.18.2011 , 04:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tactical_Error View Post
Bump from page 8.

I've recently tried running System Requirements Lab and it says my video card fails the test, but the minimum requirement is a GeForce 7800 and I've got a 9100 so I don't know how to use that information.
One of my computers has a 9400 and System Requirements Lab says I pass with flying colours. The green bar goes all the way to the end of the scale.

RabbiFang
12.18.2011 , 04:27 PM | #4
Interesting. I have a much better GFX card (560Ti) and the same CPU - having major FPS issues in warzones.

I'm going to order a phenom hexacore and see if it's the cpu

draxtar
12.18.2011 , 04:29 PM | #5
Try the link in my signature, hope it helps.

Summup of big threads, check it out.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43860

Reapon
12.18.2011 , 04:29 PM | #6
same problem here man. I generally get around 12 FPS while out of combat no matter where I am and sometimes as low as 1 FPS when in combat. I have run system requirements lab and i pass the requirements by quite a bit. Still experiencing low fps after doing all of the things you have mentioned.

bumping and posting in hopes of some help

Spoiler

Tactical_Error
12.18.2011 , 04:30 PM | #7
Yeah, SRL says I have more than enough Video RAM, and my Pixel and Vertex shaders seem to be better versions than required, but it still says I fail, and the analysis stops a centimeter or two from the minimum requirements line. Everything else is green, except for CPU speed which doesn't list anything, pass or fail, but it says mine is 2.6 GHz.

Paralassa
12.18.2011 , 04:31 PM | #8
Hi there!

We're very sorry you're having this issue. There is an active discussion topic for issues with lag/performance:

Horrid FPS

You may also want to check out these two guides for increasing performance on your computer:

*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide
Ultimate Guide to speeding up Win 7 on low/mid range systems

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!