Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Guide to Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xiahoufig
06.15.2012 , 11:49 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Shpedoinkle View Post
I just wonder why bother with it if you can't trust what it says?
It's one of the risks of the system. The good thing that since it is server-wide and not cross-server you can call these people out and make others aware to not group with them.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

danpen
06.15.2012 , 02:21 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
It's one of the risks of the system. The good thing that since it is server-wide and not cross-server you can call these people out and make others aware to not group with them.
Does it pick a group for you then or not.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Xiahoufig
06.15.2012 , 02:28 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by danpen View Post
Does it pick a group for you then or not.
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking but I'll give it a shot. The way these systems usually work is that it 'creates' three different pools, based on what roles were chosen on the user's end. Again, to use me as an example on my juggernaut I'm immortal specced so I check the box for 'Tank'. It would then place me in the tank pool. Then when the system finds four players (1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dps I assume) it puts them together into a group. (It does this in a First In, First Out order) So in other words yes, once you put yourself in the queue based on your role, you will get a group automatically. (Not instantaneous, as it depends on what roles are available and how many players are available in each role)
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Pseudolo
06.15.2012 , 03:44 PM | #94
It comes with free teleport to the FP location (like the group content in LOTRO)! I like it!

KyaniteD
06.15.2012 , 11:52 PM | #95
Tonight on PTS, again, it popped often for solo Esseles queues and rarely [never] for solo 50 queues. 4 people queued solo didn't get a pop. Same four people queued as a full group got an *instant* pop (and transfer to start point +++). All mission logs were empty. Let's hope these things get fixed before it goes live.

Sometimes it works really well, though and in switching between live and PTS I find myself increasingly missing this feature on live already (we missed it before, but now we know it exists and what it looks like :P).
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

Saxxonknight
06.16.2012 , 02:18 AM | #96
In reference to Elite players vs Casuals - Tuning the game around the 5% top players (numbre varies by definition, but its a single digit percent) has been a methodology used before, ie in WOW. EVERY time they wind up toning that content down after frustrated people get bored & quit in some %. You will notice at this point WOW is using multi-layered, multi-tiered content to attempt to keep the 5% happy while keeping the 95% engaged with the game.

They, you (Bioware), anyone has to do this for long term financial success with a game. The "5%" may make a lot of noise about a game, but the 95% are the bread & butter - they pay the bills and keep the doors open. Driving off those players means your profit cycle on the game will be measured in months rather than years. Again, the best way to meet that challenge is to give players the option of doing something the hard way or not, where they get some measurable reward for doing so - but that reward can't be such that is unbalances other parts of the game (PVP) thus making it imperative to do it on that mode (refering to FPs etc here as the activity yielding reward).

Also in regard to the UI element, I am not saying that they have to make player created mods part of the game, but take the ideas that player mods did in WOW or any other game, and incorporate them in their base UI. If someone went to the trouble to code a mod, chances are there is a deficiency in the game UI that they are trying to fill. Not everyone will see the same problem/benefit - its dependant on play style and level.

-------------------------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Elfindreams View Post
Out of curiosity, why implement something like that when the existing /ignore functionality already provides that?
Because ignore lists are limited in scope, and we are talking about in the event they are implementing a cross-server LFG system to keep groups active under low server pop conditions. There is also the case where you might not want to group with someone in a random, but still interact with them in other fashions.

--------------------------------------

Heroic Missions would be a good thing to include in LFG, they are often a ****-block because of the necessity for others and no one wants to wait around.

Marcus_Cade
06.16.2012 , 03:41 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by hamsel View Post
Wouldn't it be better if players were able to access it earlier than level 10 so that they could use it on their origin planets?
There are (to best of my knowledge) only 2 person areas on each starter planet, so not really needed before the ship run to your capital planet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mrtwo View Post
Decent point, I'm pretty sure there are 2 to three heroics per origin planet, and at least one heroic 4 per planet as well.
The group finder has a section for planets with 4 person areas, so you can queue for those.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Marcus_Cade
06.16.2012 , 03:45 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Overlord_Baal View Post
It mentioned we would get coms as an incentive to use the random tool. Any idea what we can use thees for?
They are planet commendations for the level of planet you are on. So for example: My level 18/19/20 Bounty Hunter has run Hammer Station LOTS over last few days, so has LOADS of Balmorra commendations.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

chaosdefined
06.16.2012 , 04:06 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
Because that's far more mature isn't it? Aren't we glad we can have this community where people are able to say "NOBODY PLAY WITH THAT PERSON!!!"....

HisShadowX
06.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
"Heroic Missions that are neither overly easy or OMGWTFBBQ hard"

Best. Thing. EVER!

Been testing on the PTS, liking the group finder, but the queue gets pretty long sometimes. :/
This isn't going to work if its not cross server why do I want to transfer and lose my name?