Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which is the best Campaign Relic for a Full Balance Sage?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Which is the best Campaign Relic for a Full Balance Sage?

tintin_milou
06.12.2012 , 12:33 AM | #1
Hi everyone, I was planning to do a bunch of daily missions to get a Campaign Relic. Could someone recommend the best one for a full balance sage? Thanks much for your help!

Toogeloo
06.12.2012 , 08:23 PM | #2
Obviously the 30% chance to proc damage relic. Which you choose doesn't really matter though, Internal/Elemental damage will generally be less mitigated than Energy/Kinetic, so they tend to be about the same overall. Choosing an On Use relic doesn't really do much for a Balance build unless you need a very short term high Damage over Time burn.

pureeffinmetal
06.12.2012 , 10:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
Obviously the 30% chance to proc damage relic. Which you choose doesn't really matter though, Internal/Elemental damage will generally be less mitigated than Energy/Kinetic, so they tend to be about the same overall. Choosing an On Use relic doesn't really do much for a Balance build unless you need a very short term high Damage over Time burn.
You should be using both. Matrix Cube is not BiS.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Ewgal
06.13.2012 , 03:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
Choosing an On Use relic doesn't really do much for a Balance build unless you need a very short term high Damage over Time burn.
Yes and no. Believe it or not Balance sages can do a "burst" in a narrow window of time say less than 15 Sec. Basically if we have presence of mind up then we can instant cast mind crush, instant cast Force in Balance, and then head into TK throw. If at the start of that you pop adrenal and on use relic you can maximise this a bit if necessary, and that can be useful.

However, generally passive cubes work out very well since Balance is all about DoT rotations, and Campaign Relic of Dark Radiance kinda fits us as we do a lot of internal damage (TK sages, by contrast, tend to do a lot of kinetic so on use can help, as it pump the numbers up further and that is useful as the boss armour mitigates some of their kinetic damage). So matrix cube, while not BiS complements a `Balance Sage' quite well if they don't need to do the "burst". In 1.3 Matrix cube gets buff and augmentable by kits, so however, that works out in the end, it may be BiS again.
May the farce be with you

tintin_milou
06.16.2012 , 12:41 AM | #5
Thanks for the great advice Ewgal! I will look into getting that dark radiance rakata relic once I grind through 200 daily comms (whew, a lot of work!).

Thanks also go to others who offered their suggestions! I appreciate everyone's help!