Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Servers that have not been chosen so far!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Servers that have not been chosen so far!

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
06.15.2012 , 10:27 AM | #21
I have a theory on what is taking so long with the remaining servers waiting on transfers. The remaining servers may be the more densely populated(and I use the term densely in relation to the population of dead servers not compared to the thriving destination servers)than the ones that have been transferred and BW is looking at the metrics,analyzing the weekend populations to determine which of the remaining servers should be merged into 1-2 more superservers per region.

I need a little bit of help to disprove this or strengthen the theory. My old server is Shadow Hand, Imperial fleet seems to vary from 40-70+ on weekdays and weekends but Republic side is clearly more dead with the Fleet population being 15-35 on weekdays and weekends. If anyone else has average populations for the remaining servers please feel free to post them.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

KostonxEld's Avatar


KostonxEld
06.15.2012 , 10:37 AM | #22
We on the Jekk Jekk Tarr West PVE server have yet to be moved also. It is a slightly more populated server then the worst ones I have read about on the forums it seems. On the repub side in fleet we have 30-40 on fleet or more during peak hours some days of the week and even more on weekends. There are many guilds that run Ops and Hm/Nm Ops .
However, we REALLY suffered from the Aussie servers opened in Feb or March. We BADLY need a move or to become a destination server for the coming group finder to do anything!
Really hope it comes today!!!!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
06.15.2012 , 10:49 AM | #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez
All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.
Well this just went up fairly recently. it appears we won't get transferred until next week or much later today if the stars align, Mars is in retrograde and Hailey's Comet comes way earlier than it should.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

actorman's Avatar


actorman
06.15.2012 , 12:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
As the original list is out-of-date, I thought I'd do a new one.

Servers still awaiting transfer status announcement

EU English - PvE
Bacca's Blade
Bao-Dur
Dune Bantha
Frostclaw
Hidden Beks
Hydian Way
Luka Sene
Nightmare Lands
Peragus Mining Facility
Sith'ari

EU English - RP-PvP
Lord Calypho

EU French - RP-PvP
Huntmaster

EU German - PvE
Darth Andeddu
Exar Kun
Force Harvester
Lenico Gargantuan
Odacer-Faustin Academy
Sith Triumvirate
Supreme Commander Stantorrs
T3-M4

EU German - RP-PvP
Jen'jidai

US East - PvE
Anturi Reach
Colonel Tobin
Corellian Run
Crevasse City
Darth Bandon
Firaxan Shark
ICE Breaker
Mind Trick
Shadow Hand
Shii-Cho
Sith Wyrm
Tarro Blood
Thana Vesh

US East - PvP
Belgoth's Beacon
Darth Malak

US West - PvE
Darth Sion
Hyperspace Cannon
Space Slug
The Jekk'Jekk Tarr
Veeboo Lunx
Vornskr
Zakkeg Beast
__________________________

A few noticeable points.

1) 80% of servers already know their status after three days. Only 43 servers out of 217 remain.

2) The PvP servers seem to have been pretty much sorted while there are still a number of PvE hanging on. There are only two straight PvP servers remaining (Belgoth's Beacon and Darth Malak on US East). This makes me wonder if Bioware are thinking of designating a new PvE destination server in each of these areas. This would be good in my opinion as - always assuming they have sufficient population - it means those arriving late aren't last in the queue for names.

3) There are RP-PvP servers left in EU English, EU French and EU German. I'm not on one of them, but I fear Bioware intend to lump them together. If people were genuinely RPing, it could be fascinating having communities with genuinely different languages on a server. I worry that the players would hate it and you could hear the whining from the galactic fringe. Maybe I should be optimistic and hope they'd approach it positively, it could be great fun. One of my favourite things about MMOs is meeting people from other countries and cultures, I always think it's a shame Americans miss out on it (at least in WoW and SWTOR if not all other games) and that we miss out on playing with them.
Thanks for the update! I'll update my list at the top.

actorman's Avatar


actorman
06.15.2012 , 12:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
I have a theory on what is taking so long with the remaining servers waiting on transfers. The remaining servers may be the more densely populated(and I use the term densely in relation to the population of dead servers not compared to the thriving destination servers)than the ones that have been transferred and BW is looking at the metrics,analyzing the weekend populations to determine which of the remaining servers should be merged into 1-2 more superservers per region.

I need a little bit of help to disprove this or strengthen the theory. My old server is Shadow Hand, Imperial fleet seems to vary from 40-70+ on weekdays and weekends but Republic side is clearly more dead with the Fleet population being 15-35 on weekdays and weekends. If anyone else has average populations for the remaining servers please feel free to post them.
Yeah, I think you're right. Hyperspace cannon get's pvp matches from 4-10 pm most every day without waiting and on fleet we have 15-30 during peak time with 4-20 on any given planet. We are better off than most so I was not surprised they are making us wait. And wait we will, it looks like there is a good chance more won't be done till next week.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
06.15.2012 , 01:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by actorman View Post
Yeah, I think you're right. Hyperspace cannon get's pvp matches from 4-10 pm most every day without waiting and on fleet we have 15-30 during peak time with 4-20 on any given planet. We are better off than most so I was not surprised they are making us wait. And wait we will, it looks like there is a good chance more won't be done till next week.
Darth Sion gets warzones from 12pm -12am, sometimes longer on the weekends.
There were still 50 people on fleet on a daily basis and sometimes 70-80 on the weekends during peak hours.

At least that's what it was like until THIS Monday!

Now the whole server is paralyzed by Bioware's indecision and lack of information - nobody does anything anymore, just wait, wait, wait and check the transfer list.

How hard can it be to count active players and active subscriptions?
Bioware has all the exact statistics, so this is just a matter of simple arithmetic!


I can only assume the server merges are orchestrated by some MBA's in corporate HQ, while the actual programmers, engineers, and game developers have little say in the matter.

actorman's Avatar


actorman
06.15.2012 , 01:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Darth Sion gets warzones from 12pm -12am, sometimes longer on the weekends.
There were still 50 people on fleet on a daily basis and sometimes 70-80 on the weekends during peak hours.

At least that's what it was like until THIS Monday!

Now the whole server is paralyzed by Bioware's indecision and lack of information - nobody does anything anymore, just wait, wait, wait and check the transfer list.

How hard can it be to count active players and active subscriptions?
Bioware has all the exact statistics, so this is just a matter of simple arithmetic!


I can only assume the server merges are orchestrated by some MBA's in corporate HQ, while the actual programmers, engineers, and game developers have little say in the matter.
I think it's a issue of how many people are planning on actually transferring. I like that they are willing to take a little time and be responsible with this, I would hate it if I got stuck on a server with huge wait times. The same thing happened to my server, we have a lot of people who are just waiting. I think the whole thing will be over by next week so we won't have to wait long.

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
06.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Darth Sion gets warzones from 12pm -12am, sometimes longer on the weekends.
There were still 50 people on fleet on a daily basis and sometimes 70-80 on the weekends during peak hours.

At least that's what it was like until THIS Monday!

Now the whole server is paralyzed by Bioware's indecision and lack of information - nobody does anything anymore, just wait, wait, wait and check the transfer list.

How hard can it be to count active players and active subscriptions?
Bioware has all the exact statistics, so this is just a matter of simple arithmetic!


I can only assume the server merges are orchestrated by some MBA's in corporate HQ, while the actual programmers, engineers, and game developers have little say in the matter.
It might be that they are trying to get accurate numbers for the weekend on not only your server,including those who may log in after a break anticipating the transfers, but also an accurate population number for the planned destination server(s) so they don't create unintended issues of login queues and lag.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Shayymus's Avatar


Shayymus
06.15.2012 , 03:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by actorman View Post
Grrrrr there are only 7 west coast left and mine would be one of them! Lol, I'm okay with waiting. Just excited.
Yea I am in the same shoes as you and I am real frustrated with it. Its like we are paying the same as everyone else yet we basiclly have a broken game still.

Mithros's Avatar


Mithros
06.15.2012 , 03:58 PM | #30
Every server where I had created characters has been hit except for one.

Every one of them so far ended up being an origin server.

The server that I have left is not one that I play on any more, but it is where I played first until the community degenerated to the point of my just not wanting to be around it any more.
Not naming names, but fleet chat was a wasteland.

Anyway, the characters there (a high-level in one faction and a mid-level in the other, along with another 10~ or two) are really only waiting for open transfers so I can move them to where I play now and loot them before I delete them.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.