Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerro
06.15.2012 , 11:30 AM | #751
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
this will take time
we need a solution asap
transfers out is the solution PVP------->TOFN
players that wants to stay in LC can stay, but PVP is DEAD
I dont want to be rude or anything, but the only thing that wont take time is to let the situation to retain. Its been a couple of days now, and Bioware havnt even decided IF they going to do anything :S

Jerro
06.15.2012 , 11:33 AM | #752
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
A minor Twitter update:

"Joveth Gonzalez @Joveth

@Cpt_Badger going through that thread, it seems that people still are debating for the best scenario"
Lol werent we supposed to come up with suggestions? And now its our fault since we still debating about the best scenario? Hilarious!

Rogoo
06.15.2012 , 11:40 AM | #753
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerro View Post
Lol werent we supposed to come up with suggestions? And now its our fault since we still debating about the best scenario? Hilarious!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the general consensus is an option to choose between:

RP-PvP -> PvP

and

RP-PvP -> PvE

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what the majority of people posting in this thread want.

I also suggested a poll to which Joveth replied:

Joveth Gonzalez @Joveth

@Cpt_Badger the problem with a poll is that not everyone that plays visits our forums

I'm totally confused now. So if poll isn't any good, the same kind of applies to our discussion here... o.O
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Scalarik
06.15.2012 , 11:46 AM | #754
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
lc----------->tofn
Please, by continuously shouting this option you achieve nothing. And clearly you are not even thinking about roleplayers at all.

And before you ask "what roleplayers? I haven't seen any?", yes, we do exist. Mostly we rp with our own guilds. And before you ask "Are the guilds active?" I would like to say that currently not even the whole server is being active. If we had enough players by ourselves, why would we wish to have a transfer?

A minor Twitter update:

"Joveth Gonzalez @Joveth

@Cpt_Badger going through that thread, it seems that people still are debating for the best scenario"
As for this, I don't agree. We are not debating about the options, most people have already stated it clearly that we need to have a choice to not upset anyone and to it to be fair. What we are debating about, is what is going to happen and when it is going to happen, and that is just because you from the BioWare don't keep us well informed.

Twin
06.15.2012 , 11:49 AM | #755
A minor Twitter update:

"Joveth Gonzalez @Joveth

Quote: Originally Posted by Aehwe View Post
That is utter BS. Its pretty obvious what the majority of the population wants. This is probably stalling because they can't do anything yet.

People, a merge with the french and germans will solve nothing. We'd get a few more players for a couple more weeks, then we'd be stuck in the same gosh darned situation with the only way out being paid transfers. Abandon ship before its too late.

RP-PvP TO PvP
RP-PvP TO RP
RP-PvP TO PvE
RP-PvP TO RP-PvE

The first two is what the majority by far wants. The last two are optional, but why the hell not if you're gonna open up to 2 other servers.

Why dont you guys just make a poll out of it so we can see? Making it harder than it has to be.
I completly agree! Wth kinda situation awereness is that!? "Seems like they're still debating..." Bah!

Just stop delaying BW, and make it happen. I really am on the verge of cancelling right now, wether or not you will let us move - due to the lack of the insight and communication regarding this.

You KNOW what the most fair way to go is, and pointing at this thread saying "we seem to still debate what the best solution is", thereby trying to put the delay on US -is nothing short of insulting!

I'd like to believe that the devs at BW aren't generally less clearsighted then the average MMO player, and hence you considered this situation BEFORE you even started working on a transfer system - So please don't act like you are completly baffled by it. We are exactly where you knew we would be, now solve it.

The very least you should do is state that something WILL be done within a maximum of a few days. Silence isn't allways golden...

Time.Is.Running.Out
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

misterME
06.15.2012 , 11:49 AM | #756
Here's what I don't get: In the US, they allowed those on some West Coast servers to transfer into their counterparts on the East Coast. Granted, that isn't crossing national boundaries, but it's pretty close to having our EU servers with the option to move to the East Coast. So whey don't they just allow us to move to a US East Coast RP-PVP megaserver?

What this would also do is allow a more consistent population throughout the 24-hour span when one takes time zones into account.

Sure, there is the potential for increased lag. Which, again, is why this is an optional transfer. But I really believe that it is the best of all solutions. We on LC get to move someplace that is similar to what we rolled on initially if we want, and get the higher population as well. And, honestly, I connect to US East Coast from all the way over here in Saudi Arabia and only see about 20 - 60 ms difference (as in it always sucks for me, but that's the perils of connecting out of a country with filtered internet: it's always slower).

The one thing this does not do, however, is solve the problem for the Germans and French...

Problem solved.

Faith in Bioware restored June 29, 2012: See the Magic!

Groncho
06.15.2012 , 11:57 AM | #757
[QUOTE=Scalarik;4651480]Please, by continuously shouting this option you achieve nothing. And clearly you are not even thinking about roleplayers at all.

And before you ask "what roleplayers? I haven't seen any?", yes, we do exist. Mostly we rp with our own guilds. And before you ask "Are the guilds active?" I would like to say that currently not even the whole server is being active. If we had enough players by ourselves, why would we wish to have a transfer?

Easy solution, u can stay in LC if ur gamplay is RP, nobody forces u to move to any server as LC is not shutting down and i have never had any kind of problems wih roleplayers in fact they have my entire respect

therefore again

LC--------------------------> TOFN
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Aehwe
06.15.2012 , 11:58 AM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by misterME View Post
Here's what I don't get: In the US, they allowed those on some West Coast servers to transfer into their counterparts on the East Coast. Granted, that isn't crossing national boundaries, but it's pretty close to having our EU servers with the option to move to the East Coast. So whey don't they just allow us to move to a US East Coast RP-PVP megaserver?

What this would also do is allow a more consistent population throughout the 24-hour span when one takes time zones into account.

Sure, there is the potential for increased lag. Which, again, is why this is an optional transfer. But I really believe that it is the best of all solutions. We on LC get to move someplace that is similar to what we rolled on initially if we want, and get the higher population as well. And, honestly, I connect to US East Coast from all the way over here in Saudi Arabia and only see about 20 - 60 ms difference (as in it always sucks for me, but that's the perils of connecting out of a country with filtered internet: it's always slower).

The one thing this does not do, however, is solve the problem for the Germans and French...

Problem solved.

Trust me, in PvP every ms counts. And like you said the server would have a more consistent population throughout 24 hours. Indeed. It'd have low population when Europe is awake, since... well take a look at he population on LC atm. By all means, if this would be an additional option to PvP and PvE servers go for it. But dont even think about forcing us to NA servers.
Legionnaires
Venitous Juggernaut Vuspo Assassin Aillynn Mercenary Theyla Guardian

Davelakos
06.15.2012 , 12:03 PM | #759
A minor Twitter update:

"Joveth Gonzalez @Joveth

Well if they feel we are debating it is ok. most of the subs expire till 21-23 of this month. if nothing has happened i think noone will be left after to continue debating really
D'avelis
Guildmaster of
Malevolence - Tomb Of Freedon Nadd
http://malevolence-swtor.guildlaunch.com/

JovethGonzalez
06.15.2012 , 12:07 PM | #760 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks, as we are still not done with this initial character transfer phase, we are still examining the options. We've taken your ideas into consideration and will compare them against what is feasible.

It is my hope that we will have more to share with you after the weekend.