Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Retneprac
06.15.2012 , 10:11 AM | #3871
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.
OK, so in English, are you or are you not opening new servers for transfer today? A simple yes or no would suffice.

Regulaser
06.15.2012 , 10:11 AM | #3872
Quote: Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
We get that every day will not be the same, its like saying "Terms of use subject to change", it is a cop out.

Answering these two questions will save you guys alot of grief.

1) Is bioware planning to release more then one batch of servers today?

2) Is bioware going to be opening new servers on the weekends (that means saturday and sunday)?

That will make people alot more informed causing less stupidity.
he did answer them, they arent doing transfers until after the weekend.

jgoldsack
06.15.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3873
Quote: Originally Posted by Graddaz View Post
instead of the mumbo jumbo can we have a deffinitive answer to the question : are u opening anymore servers today?
Magic 8-ball says "All indicators point to NO"
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

xandax
06.15.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3874
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.
Leaving people stuck on dead servers over the weekend ...... *sigh* ... but still taking their money - that is NOT the best gameplay experience you can offer.
Seriously - step up to the plate and start being responsible for the mess you've created.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

JovethGonzalez
06.15.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3875 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
instead of the mumbo jumbo can we have a deffinitive answer to the question : are u opening anymore servers today?
No, it does not look like it. Please see the reasoning in my previous post.

kmufc
06.15.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3876
2 yellow posts and still BW refuse to say YES OR NO on if there will be transfers today?

Cloak and daggers.

JaxonLuxor
06.15.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3877
That is the answer - no more transfers until next week. They aren't going to work on the weekend to do it.

curtkram
06.15.2012 , 10:12 AM | #3878
Quote: Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
We get that every day will not be the same, its like saying "Terms of use subject to change", it is a cop out.

Answering these two questions will save you guys alot of grief.

1) Is bioware planning to release more then one batch of servers today?

2) Is bioware going to be opening new servers on the weekends (that means saturday and sunday)?

That will make people alot more informed causing less stupidity.
I think he answered you:
"This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. "

Montior populations during the weekend. Then, after monitoring populations which will consume the weekend, they will open new servers. No new server transfers until Monday.

SithEBM
06.15.2012 , 10:13 AM | #3879
I have a question... Why do they need to monitor the populations if they are planning on having super servers?

NotSevv
06.15.2012 , 10:13 AM | #3880
Quote: Originally Posted by Regulaser View Post
he did answer them, they arent doing transfers until after the weekend.
Yup and well to wow I go.
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM