Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glower
06.15.2012 , 10:03 AM | #3851
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update.
Worst scenario.... again!

NotSevv
06.15.2012 , 10:05 AM | #3852
Quote: Originally Posted by Tendaras View Post
Firaxan Shark population -

Empire - 18 total (1 on Fleet)
Republic - 19 total (1 on fleet)

That's 37 people total......... Transfer us plx!!!!
Empire - 13 total (0 on fleet)
Republic - 7 total (0 on fleet)

That is not counting me btw

Thats 20 people Crevasse rep!
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM

Tmbn
06.15.2012 , 10:06 AM | #3853
Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update.
Then I think they are planning in moving all EU PVE to Red Eclipse. There should not be any issues opening a new origin server and start transfer of low populated servers to that one. Example start moving people to Dune Bantha should not be a problem. Still they are not doing it.

JovethGonzalez
06.15.2012 , 10:07 AM | #3854 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

Tendaras
06.15.2012 , 10:07 AM | #3855
Quote: Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
Empire - 13 total (0 on fleet)
Republic - 7 total (0 on fleet)

That is not counting me btw

Thats 20 people Crevasse rep!

Damn got me beat, they should open both of our servers for transfers today then.

It seems like PvE servers are getting dusted while they allow PvP servers to transfer first
Callana - 50 Sorcerer - Corruption (Firaxan Shark)
Hizaru - 50 Assassin - Darkness (Firaxan Shark)
Rithany - 50 Mercenary - Arsenal (Firaxan Shark)

jgoldsack
06.15.2012 , 10:08 AM | #3856
Just get it done! I have been waiting to get back to playing until the transfers happened... I don't enjoy waiting 3-4 hours for a PvP queue, and can only take leveling alts so much. It is really unfair to those left to leave them hanging on underpopulated servers over the weekend, when they coudl have a grand old time playing on one that is populated...
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Regulaser
06.15.2012 , 10:08 AM | #3857

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.
that is completely unacceptable. you couldve transferred the last two east pvp servers and it wouldnt have made a difference.

NajeeSensei
06.15.2012 , 10:08 AM | #3858

Well, at least you came out and said it. Thank you for that at least.
The Shadowlands
Flames Of The Phoenix
- Najee: Lvl. 55 Shadow
- Cerulean: Lvl. 55 Sage

Glower
06.15.2012 , 10:09 AM | #3859

blah blah blah We do not care blah blah blah

Acespades
06.15.2012 , 10:09 AM | #3860

We aren't going to get a new wave until after the *********** weekend?

When should I expect my free gameplay time, considering the game is completely unplayable at the moment.

- Ace - Carson
Co-founder: Army of Yonuss
Empire - Tarro Blood - EST - NOW RECRUITING