Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elliotcat
06.14.2012 , 09:31 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
I probably won't be home until around 730-8pm est. So, if this is posted after you've posted this week's new challenge, just pretend it's the day before. lol But I'm hoping to at least finish this. It's almost 2k words right now and doesn't want to end yet. Stupid plot bunnies humping my forehead. lol
Yeah, I've been having the same problem. I have a long story I want to write, but there's one bit toward the beginning that I just can't. figure. out. It's driving me insane because I have so many ideas for the rest of it.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Tatile
06.15.2012 , 05:37 AM | #92
Write everything but the beginning, then read it backwards. If you don't go mad and summon forth the Elder Gods, you may just have a way to start your story.

I for one have three tiny 'scenes' of an 'incident' that I'd like to write at some point. The only thing stopping me is that I've not got the intervening scenes imagined yet. I do, however, have a variation on the line 'Is that a lightsabre in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?' :P I'm a terrible person.

Striges
06.15.2012 , 07:54 AM | #93
Index of my stories in this thread, chronological by character:

Jealousy
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )
The Sounds of Silence
Jealousy's Dream
Masks
Advice
Objects with Souls
Lessons

Jurial
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )
Faith
Home Ec
Erroneous Conclusions
Erroneous Conclusions (Alt Perspective)
As Time Goes By
Sink or Swim
Navigation
Jurial's Memory of Coruscant
Climate
Jurial Explains Why the Light Side is Preferable to the Dark Side
Enemies
No Easy Answers
Achillies' Heel
Hidden Talents
Mea Culpa
Unpleasant Realizations
Epiphany
Heralding Understanding

Kirya
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )
Going to the Fair
Toothy's Surprise
Kirya's Worst Day ( Rixik )
Rixik's Worst Day ( Rixik )
Signing Papers
Hope and Kisses (AU) ( Rixik )
Falling
An Awkward Reunion ( Rixik )
Play Within a Play (silly version)
I Love Your Ring
Ceremonies
Ceremonies 2
Sure, I Know a Guy ( Sha'ra'zaed guest starring Andalar and Valden)
Kirya and Andalar, Wisdom, Justice Andalar
Things I Hate to Ship
Why I Hate Customs
To Market, To Market
Hat
Skald

Kughel
NotLP: The Story Thus Far
LF1M ( Vashutarl )

Rixik
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )
Sal's Diner
Teachers
As Time Goes By (part 1)
Judge and Jury
Bread and Circuses
Turning the Tables
Judas
Kirya's Worst Day ( Kirya )
Rixik's Worst Day ( Kirya )
An Alliance of Convenience Korjonos
Hope and Kisses (AU) ( Kirya )
Restraint
Too Close for Comfort Korjonos
The Morning Before
The Morning After
Credit Where Credits Due
Recreational Pharma Korjonos
Coming Down
A Great Day on Alderaan
As Time Goes By (part 2)
A Fitting End
Brotherhood
Zombie Prompt: Discovery
An Awkward Reunion ( Kirya )
As Time Goes By (part 3)
Economics 101 Andalar
Taking Out the Trash
As Time Goes By (part 4)
Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles

Sha'ra'zaed
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )
Defector, Exile, Émigré
The Calculus of Loss
The Good Doctor
Hallucination
Music
We Belong
Legion (AU)
Sure, I Know a Guy ( Kirya guest starring Andalar and Valden)
Admittance to the Court of Queen Galaxia
Memento
Memento (Alternative Views)
Who You Are
The Morning After
The Song of the Universe
Droids: A Romance

Varrel Umrahiel
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Vashutarl )
First Lesson, First Principles
Zombie Prompt: What If? Valho
Mirror, Mirror ( Vashutarl )
Entrance Exam
Goodbye
Varrel Umrahiel (SW), Pride.
Ceremonies
Unintended Lessons
Zombie Prompt: What If? Varrel LS
The Dark Path, Forever
Sins: Lust
The New Wrath (AU)
Zombie Prompt: I Love This Bar
Unrequited Love
King and Pawn versus King
The Road Taken: Nightmare of a Reluctant Sith
As Time Goes By
Only Men Dance
Larvae
A Time for Every Purpose
Vashutarl
A Special Mission
Spirit Festival
Bitterness
A Dangerous Project

Vashutarl
NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel )
Mirror, Mirror ( Varrel Umrahiel )
Show Them You Belong (Varrel Umrahiel)
Hello
Mirror, Mirror
LF1M ( Kughel )
Love is in the Air
Spirit Festival
Two Letters
Love Letters and Secret Valentines

Other
There Once was a Hutt Who Swallowed a Gorg
Pimp my (Other) Threads
A Little Bit of Lettice

elliotcat
06.15.2012 , 07:57 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
I have one for last week's prompt "Culture Shock" but it mushroomed out of control. I'll have to post it separately at some point.
You can post it here if you want! I'm laid-back.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

elliotcat
06.15.2012 , 02:26 PM | #95
This week I've been working a ton, which meant I got a lot of ideas for prompts (they always seem to come to me when I'm working...) so I'm going to post two. Do one or both, it's up to you.

Week of 6/15/12

Confessions - Everybody has things they don't like to admit. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's just something small. Sometimes it's nice to finally let it out. What does your character need to admit - and to who?

Hidden Talents - All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?

Archive is up!

Earthmama
06.15.2012 , 02:30 PM | #96
Ooooh, Elliot!! Those are good ones!! C'mon brain juice, get working!

kabeone
06.15.2012 , 04:02 PM | #97
Does it have to be our character's confession? Or can it be one of the companions? I've had an idea kicking around that would fit if so

elliotcat
06.15.2012 , 04:08 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Does it have to be our character's confession? Or can it be one of the companions? I've had an idea kicking around that would fit if so
Feel free to do whatever you want! I just write the descriptions as a jumping off point. The only "rule" is that it of course has to be about SWTOR...obviously.

Tatile
06.15.2012 , 04:24 PM | #99
Confessions:

Spoiler

My assassin, Benedicta, speaks to her mother during lunch. Sylvia here is Lord Vizloch from my other stories, just in case you were(n't) wondering.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I read the prompt. I kept it so short because I felt that adding anything would detract from what is the most memorable part of the conversation.

Eanelinea
06.15.2012 , 05:25 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Feel free to do whatever you want! I just write the descriptions as a jumping off point. The only "rule" is that it of course has to be about SWTOR...obviously.
What? You mean it can't be about Snuffles the sniffling clown? OMG! /ragequit lol I'll get started on finishing my submission for last challenge, see if anything cracktastic pops for this challenge and then go to my laggy server. haha
55 Marauder, 55 Sniper, 55 Merc, 55 Shadow (d), 55 Jugg (d), 55 Jugg (t), 55 Operative x 2, 55 Gunslinger, 55 Scoundrel, 55 Guardian (d), 55 Sin (d), 55 Powertech, 55 Commando, 55 Sorc, 55 Sage, 55 Sentinel, 55 Vanguard, 55 Shadow (t), 55 Gunslinger (male), 55 Guardian (t), 55 Sin (t) on Shadowlands