Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making money with crew skills.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Making money with crew skills.

Sorenia
06.14.2012 , 10:35 PM | #1
I just came back after a long hiatus. I need to unlock a bunch of these legacy treats but I've nowhere near enough cash to do it. Since I'm now on a populated server I'm curious though what kind of gathering/crafting can pay out reliable money?

I'm not looking for your super secret money making formulas but I hate doing dailies and would like some tips on whats worth doing.

Yun_Gemstone
06.15.2012 , 01:33 AM | #2
Without knowing your server economy and GTN status, its hard to give reliable info. But, your best bet is to check the GTN, search around, see which things are expensive and which are dirt cheap and start from there.

For example, you can start with crafting materials. Lets say, Bioanalysis. You will probably see Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 sample) is common, but a stack of 20 sells for 8-10k. A mission that gives you average of 6 of those items is about 1,5k credits. Its a profit, but just slight. Not a bad start.
Then we see Parasitic microorganisms (Grade 5 sample) - hmm, not good, sells for less than 6-7k for a full stack of 99 items.
But Quick-growth Agent (Grade 5 sample) sells for 20k for a stack of 20. There we go, good target to gather and sell.

Grade 5 companion gifts are always a good bet, although your profit from them won't be huge right away. A mission costs 2k credits, and you can sell a blue gift for 4-5k easily and a purple one for 10k.

Slicing augment materials will pick up in price after patch 1.3 hit live. You can plan to play the market from now.

Blue Biochem stims have a market too. Not big profits, but steady ones, just like companion gifts.

parmie
06.15.2012 , 05:48 AM | #3
Slicing combined with one of the crafting skills that can make augments will be a good bet.

Crafters without slicing need slicing need the augments parts even to reverse engineer up to tier 2 and tier 2 materials will be much in demand. Theres another thread on the potential demand for augments after 1.3 so it may actually be better to stockpile level 22 purple augments in advance.