Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drudenfusz
06.15.2012 , 02:14 AM | #391
Is the shadow tank now still viable or will people tell me in the future that they prefer to have a real tank in the flashpoint or operations instead of my class?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Ignicity
06.15.2012 , 02:25 AM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Is the shadow tank now still viable or will people tell me in the future that they prefer to have a real tank in the flashpoint or operations instead of my class?
As a precaution, I'd roll a Powertech. justsayin'

RUDI
06.15.2012 , 02:35 AM | #393
they still dont know how to balance things, and current problems. Oh,well.
eko & yu-no @TOFN

Drudenfusz
06.15.2012 , 02:38 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
As a precaution, I'd roll a Powertech. justsayin'
I started playing my Shadow on December 14th, long before it had became favour of the month class, and I would like to continue playing that class... but I guess nobody will think shadow tanks useful in the future. Can't understand why they didn't just nerfed the damage, which was what most people complained about.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

RUDI
06.15.2012 , 02:40 AM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I started playing my Shadow on December 14th, long before it had became favour of the month class, and I would like to continue playing that class... but I guess nobody will think shadow tanks useful in the future. Can't understand why they didn't just nerfed the damage, which was what most people complained about.
The problem with shadow/sin in pvp is their main damage abilities cannot be parried/blocked as most other classes abilities.
eko & yu-no @TOFN

humanyt
06.15.2012 , 08:20 AM | #396
I have noticed that as my gear on my tankassin gets better, I start stacking more on defensive abilities, shield rating and absorb.

But in exchange I'm losing accuracy, which is now at 90%, yes my melee accuracy is at 90%, which means my lightsaber attacks won't hit as much and will probably miss sometimes, therefor making my dark charge nerf even more noticeable in 1.3.

Since at this moment my lightsaber attacks have a 50% chance to drain life, well now with my accuracy reduced, my lightsaber attacks don't always hit, did BIOWARE forsee this change in stats?

BIOWARE lowers accuracy rating, dark charge armor, dark charge self-healing, simple math here, too much nerfs!!!!!

I have noticed that while I wear my pvp war hero gear, that my tankassin does have more armor then in PVE gear, but less of the other defensive stats.

If your idea is basically nerfing assassins for pvp, you should just lower the armor stats provided from their pvp gear, that should balance out the whole problems around pvp and tankassins while leaving pve untouched.

MACANUS
06.15.2012 , 08:32 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Senior Designer Austin Peckenpaugh lets us in on details around class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3.

Read More
From what i have seen dark charge only ever gave 130% armor bonus so im hoping so im hoping 115% will actualy be 115%

zlobnic
06.15.2012 , 12:40 PM | #398
Wouldn't the smart thing to do be wait to see what happens to pvp after nerfing biochem then see if adjustments need to be made? The reason why shadows/assasins seem so hard to kill is because they have to maneuver behind something which means they are no longer being hit. In PVE that is no longer a viable option, the machine will face me no matter where I move. The only thing that has been acomplished is the following:
People will move to another class which will then be blamed as OP'ed in PVP and be nerfed.
It's a vicious circle that never ends when you balance the scale by taking off 40 pounds on the 140 side and adding 40 pounds to the side with 100 pounds. Why do I say this, very simple if you nerf one class and enhance others that is not balance.

Dozoku
06.15.2012 , 10:31 PM | #399
No, because you can see this in the PTS which many players like my self have done.
( tank sin/shadows days are over in pvp mainly the onces in dps gears. can't do that anymore, not to mention our damage output have been altered. they may not tell you this in the notes but trust me i've tested it and it has been seriously nerf as well.

atbowman
06.19.2012 , 07:23 PM | #400
I haven't played in about 3 months but decided to poke around while thinking about coming back. good to see Bioware still isnt listening to its playerbase. It helps make the decision easier to make.